New Mod: Explosions and gun muzzle fire

Hi have uploaded an updated version of the explosions!

You can now find a mod for the smoke at cmmods, too. While not essetial as stand alone mod, I strongly recomment to use them with my explosions!

Also added is a small mod for the tracers (the beams when a weapon is fired). I simply reduced the lightness of the original graphics by two thirds!

Only a minor point Scipio, but I think you made the explosions go dark too quickly.

In the original explosions they don't get dark till about bmp 17, yours get dark around

bmp 10 which makes the explosion look more like a quick flash rather than a powerful

explosion. I edited your mod for my own tastes so the explosions stay lighter longer and

personally I think it looks better but that's just my opinion.

Good work otherwise.

P.S. I put up a tracer mod at cmmods some months ago it makes the tracers redder

which you may want to try I think it looks a bit more realistic.

Only a minor point Scipio, but I think you made the explosions go dark too quickly.

In the original explosions they don't get dark till about bmp 17, yours get dark around

bmp 10 which makes the explosion look more like a quick flash rather than a powerful

explosion. I edited your mod for my own tastes so the explosions stay lighter longer and

personally I think it looks better but that's just my opinion.

Good work otherwise.

P.S. I put up a tracer mod at cmmods some months ago it makes the tracers redder

which you may want to try I think it looks a bit more realistic.

Indeed I think it would be to much Hollywood-like if the fireball lasts longer. There's no argue for taste, is it? ;)

While I'm generally satisfied with my mod, I don't like how it looks when a vehicel explodes, since the fireball-graphics are blown up by the program so much that they get blury. This happens, by the way, also to they original graphics.

That's just an game-engine problem, I think. Firstly I wonder if this instand nuke ain't a little bit overdone anyway. Secondly, the graphical display of tank damage is very limited/non-existend at all. Giant explosion, but not even a scratch on the tank, just a couple of randomly placed flames. Even TOW makes it better.