'Flavour Objects' Destroyed Vehicles

Take a look at the vehicle graveyard that has become Iraq.

Has anyone unpacked the models for CM vehicles and been able to add them to 'flavour objects' in the scenario editor, so that destroyed or disabled vehicles can be added as environment or objectives?

TBH I'm stunned by the lack of flexibility in the mission development area.......

If I add say a supply platoon, the entire group has to be designated destroyed, immobilized etc.... no scope for varying damage from functional to burning for each discrete vehicle.

Unless I'm missing something......

It also seems that it's impossible to field an under strength company. Or platoon, combining strikers and hummers.

It's perfect world scenario stuff,simply not reflecting the reality and necessity to use available cav vehicles from time to time. Look at some of the **** they're using on deployment in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Please, give us the ability to break units and deplete them in various ways in scenario deployment.

Also, how do you load out a small group of unconventionals with rpg for hit and run urban ambush scenarios?

Originally posted by KHuNT:

TBH I'm stunned by the lack of flexibility in the mission development area.......

If I add say a supply platoon, the entire group has to be designated destroyed, immobilized etc.... no scope for varying damage from functional to burning for each discrete vehicle.

Unless I'm missing something......

It might help if you actually clicked on the individual vehicle before designating the damage.

It also seems that it's impossible to field an under strength company. Or platoon, combining strikers and hummers.

Yes... you can. Click on the individual units and delete them. The only ones you cannot get rid of are HQ units if their immediate subordinates are still on the list.

Please, give us the ability to break units and deplete them in various ways in scenario deployment.

Please, read the manual.

Also, how do you load out a small group of unconventionals with rpg for hit and run urban ambush scenarios?

The "Fighter Command" organization has RPGs. Delete all the others (snipers, ATGMs, MGs, etc) and you now have RPG units/

In a scenario I am currently working on I deleted most of the troops from one unit and replace them with troops from another unit, detached a company and a half from another battalion, and added an understrength tank unit. Play around with it, the editor is much more flexible than you think.

Now if you mean losses to an individual squad, like the casualties you assess to squads in CMx1, no you can't do that in CMSF. You can make a platoon or company short but all squads start at full strenght. You can make them short of supplies or vary their condition but not their numbers.

Yeah thanks for that SGT.Muhammed, I was thinking specifically squad depletion.

Do you guys simulate Company or Platoon level command by assigning Battalion HQ as 'reinforcments' then designating them to arrive outside the mission time frame, or is there a more simple way?

Yeah thanks for that SGT.Muhammed, I was thinking specifically squad depletion.

Do you guys simulate Company or Platoon level command by assigning Battalion HQ as 'reinforcments' then designating them to arrive outside the mission time frame, or is there a more simple way?

This is a bit tricky, but because of the way the command and control system is set up, a HQ unit must stay in if any of it's direct subordinate units are in game. So for a battalion command, it must stay in if the JTACs, battalion mortars, the sniper squad etc, are in game. Subordinate units that have their own commanders, such as rifle platoons and scout platoons, do not count as immediate subordinates, and they can be independent of the battalion command.

In short: If you delete all of the battalion-level assets, you can delete the battalion commander, even if rifle platoons/companies are still in play. It works this way for Company Commanders as well.