CMAK Remake - Small Town ME

A remake of a “Small Town” Meeting Engagement Quick Battle map from CMAK, available from CMMods.

Not intended as an actual “scenario” per-se, but rather as a standard field for urban battles by either playing it as a scenario with pre-defined units or as a quick battle with random units.

Main focus is on Multiplayer, however a few AI plans for both sides have also been included. They are nowhere near where they should be, but then the AI is never stellar on offense anyways. If anyone wants to create a new AI plan, I'd be happy to update it into the map.

In order to get this map working for Quick Battles, it must first be saved in the “\Game Files\Quick Battle Maps\” folder. Then in the QB setup you must pick ‘meeting engagement’, ‘small’ map size, and ‘town’ terrain – and unless you installed other ME small town QB maps this map should load up every time.

Currently in scenario form it's set up for Red-on-Red as a battle between a reduced mechanized company and a reinforced special forces company. But I encourage everyone to edit in your own units for an unlimited number of "what if" scenarios.

Hopefully this will have the same excellent replayability as the original CMAK map.

Please note that as of 1.06 there is a bug that prevents units from *entering* buildings though the “blown” walls created in the editor – however units are still able to *exit* the building though those walls. So be extra careful when planning movement orders around the ruined parts of the buildings. Also, walls destroyed *during* the battle seem to work just fine, so engineers can still be used to their full capacity.

[ February 17, 2008, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: The Louch ]

Originally posted by The Louch:

A remake of a “Small Town” Meeting Engagement Quick Battle map from CMAK, available from CMMods.

Please note that as of 1.06 there is a bug that prevents units from *entering* buildings though the “blown” walls created in the editor – however units are still able to *exit* the building though those walls. So be extra careful when planning movement orders around the ruined parts of the buildings. Also, walls destroyed *during* the battle seem to work just fine, so engineers can still be used to their full capacity.

Gonna grab it. The Testers and BFC are aware of the bug.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to The Louch for this - I have just finished an excellent PBEM game using this map with the default units you included.

In fact it has inspired me to try my hand at the scenario editor for the first time since purchasing CMSF last year. So far I've just messed about on other available maps changing the force balances to suit my PBEM game needs, but I figure one day I'll tackle making actual scenarios. You have been warned!