The manual says:

Note: the AI does not break the rules. If you paint a Map Zone for a

Setup Order outside of a valid Red or Blue Setup Zone (as defined

in the Map Editor), the AI will never setup there. Therefore, make

sure that your Map Zone for Setup Orders for the AI plan matches

a valid Setup Zone in the Map Editor. To make this easier, Setup

Zones are always shown on the 2D map when you select a Setup

Order in the plan.

When i paint different setup zones for the AI for every different plan why is it, that the AI let the units begin at the places where i deployed them manually in the deploy screen? The setup zone is Red1 and divided in two places for two plans.

Anybody encountered this too?

Did you use Group orders. Most likely not. If you break out your units into groups (using the F1-F8 keys with F-1 being default), you will be able to tell the AI where to place a unit (as long as the set up zone was painted in the map editor first. So here's how it goes:

Two units HQ, Inf Plt, set up zones previously painted in the MAP editor.

1. In UNIT editor:

a. assign HQ F1..since that default you DO

Not press the F1 key.

b. Assign Inf Plt F2...Note that "A2" shows

up next to Inf Plt.

2. In the AI editor:

a. Select plan 1

b. Select group 1. The 2D map comes

up. Now paint (yellow) the exact setup

placement for HQ. If you want the HQ to

stay there throughout the battle then

make settings to Hide..or not.. and you

you are done. Now for the Inf Plt.

c Select Group 2 It corresponds to Any and

All units assigned F2 (A2 on unit screen)

a. Paint the group 2 set up as you did

the HQ group 1 example.

b. Click "next" order 2.

Paint where the Inf Plt

go. Set how (Advance, Dash, ect)

and what they should do when they

get there (hide, Ambush, Active) You

can also set how long they should

stay in this position before moving.

c. Click next and order 3 comes up. Now

you can paint (I should say that only

setups need to be in set up areas

all other orders can be ANYwhere on

the map) your next position just like

order 2.

I hope this help....It is not hard to use and is very specific. I love it!!

Thanks Mark, i've done that already. I've done it for two and more groups with two separate orders. Assigned them the "A1-2".

For each group i have layed out two separate setup zones. One for each order. But the AI never places them anywhere else except where i placed them during deploy RED.

Its not that they dont go where i want them to go. Its more that they dont start anywhere else. Its just the starting position.

Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by birdstrike:

You should check if there is a setup zone painted in the terrain editor (map). It is not working if you only paint the setup in the AI editor, you need to have an area marked as setup zone, before.

The setup order in the AI editor is more like telling the AI where to look for setup zones to place its units.

Yes, exactly...still need the yellow order

Thanks so far. But i did that. At least i assume i did.

I have two big red setup zones not connected to each other from the same red color painted in the map editor.

Then i have two units, two groups and two orders. The yellow setup zones differ for each set of orders but are placed in the red color ones. But the AI never starts in a different one than the one i placed them beforehand.

Do the red setup zones have to be connected to each other or from a different red color?

Small update:

It works like a charm with a small test setup with two tanks from one company, downsized to just the two of them. But when i size the scenario up to more units and assigning the groups to companies and platoons and not to the units singlehandedly its not working. Can anybody test this please too?

Make sure that your yellow pathing from setup to end of mission position are large enough to deal with the number of units in each group. "Viper Pass" is a re-inforced stryker company advancing by platoons. If you haven't dl'd it you should. www.CMMODS.com Play as red and watch the blue attack. Then put it in the editor to see what makes it tick. It's the best way I can think of to learn the AI editor routine.

Well i did that already too. Still not working. I downsized my scenario now to only one company. That is working. When i attach platoons or other tanks to militia its not working. If nobody else has this ever experienced i would really be astonished. If anybody wants to look at the scenario ill send it to you but will be away for two weeks now.

Perhaps someone can do a test?

Originally posted by Sarjen:

Well i did that already too. Still not working. I downsized my scenario now to only one company. That is working. When i attach platoons or other tanks to militia its not working. If nobody else has this ever experienced i would really be astonished. If anybody wants to look at the scenario ill send it to you but will be away for two weeks now.

Perhaps someone can do a test?

Please send it. I would be glad to look at it. If together we can't get it to work than we can at least report our findings. my email address is above

I have made a 2 battalion size test.

1st battalion (stryker) is A1 (default F1)

2nd Battalion is Heavy Armour...A2 I just used the tank companies...

Its a blue attack...two different set up zones for blue (and red) and two different objective zones. Played out as Red (two spies hidden in 7 story buildings). Both battalion move to their destination...Seemed OK to me. I will be glad to send you the test scen

• 2 weeks later...

Sarjen,

Just a thought. I was assigning groups to my units sometimes with shift F1-8 inadvertedly. So that way they wouldn't work in the orders. I was confused with the 3 ways of assigning groups: A(for the AI), U(units that will be an objective) and R(reinforcements). It took some time for me to realise my mistake. Probably not your case but anyway...