QB Group needs YOU!

The Grand title boils down to Mishga and myself. We are putting together batches of 20 QB battles and uploading to CMMODS. We need your help in producing these maps. Here's what our goal for a QB map is:

1. Mid size maps with Basic Generic map set ups

2. Few whistles and bells (easy on the frame rate is the goal)

3. Multiple AI plans for both sides.

If you would care to contribute please email Mishga or myself. Our emails are in our profiles. No fame or glory for anyone here...just doing a really needed service to the CM:SF community.

QB Group is pleased to announce 21 NEW QB maps are ready for download at CMMODS http://www.cmmods.com

The first 20 when combined with the original game files covered all the possible QB variations. Vol 2, when combined with Vol 1 ONLY, does the same. We have done our best to balance the maps for a good QB gaming experience no matter if playing the AI or Human opponent. These maps should NOT overwrite the original game maps or any other player maps. Thanks!

When do you need new maps? I see that you've just posted 21 new ones at CMMOS. I have two maps that are nearly ready for posting but before I came to work this morning I decided to add a ridge line to my Open Attack Map to give it some more tactical potential. This will require me to fiddle about with the AI scripting to take advantage of this new terrain feature.

The other map is my personal favourite. It's a Hills Attack map and it's beautiful but I've just finished drawing it and it only has rudimentary AI scripting. Both are Standard maps, the Hills map perhaps verging towards Elite.

There's also a Hills meeting map using a much bigger version of the Attack map but it's definitely Elite and doesn't run well on my rig at the moment, at least with all the graphics settings set at maximum.

I reckon I could be good for a map a week as I enjoy making maps and playing QBs.

Meach: You have it EXACTLY right. Mishga and I wore a self imposed straight jacket in producing these Generic maps. The need was there, certainly, but the many post of how great a CMx1 QB generated map is...wellllll.... I suppose they really meant convenient. So now there are enough maps to have that reasonably functional. For my part I want to look at the larger map size...Most of the generic stuff I did was around 1000 x 500...To me that seems like medium.

I'd like to see what map size my average PC can play on...So I'll start at 1200x1200 and go up or down from there. Peter Wenmann did and absolutely stunning 1200 x 900 map: A small City in a surrounding rural setting. At a bus stop Kiosk is a picture of Pres. Assad of Syria...Fantastic. But frame rate difficulty made it hard to view in the editor...and so that is bottomline issue for maps. BFC appears to be hard at work trying to increase frame rate. To the degree that they are successful will relate to just how large or detailed a map can be.

I feel I can produce some quality Skirmish maps in a relativly short space of time. Detailed with a fair amount of terrain but suitable for a 20min scenario.

We now have a bit of breathing space to craft nicer maps now the original problem has been solved.

At the same time the community has embraced what we have produced and been very encouraging which helps when you have a grumpy husband, two kids and a dog all on your case just as your stress testing an AI script tongue.gif

Gonzo joined in recently and his map was a stunner. He carries the tag GG on the maps so watch out for more beauties from him.