Doors on every side of buildings.

Hi,

Life is lot easer for player and the AI/ path-finding if you put a door on every side of every building. The fact that both the human player and the AI/path finding struggle to find doors to buildings means the game flows a lot faster… and is more fun… if you place a door on every side of every building.

All the best,

Kip.

The depth of the editor is outstanding… shocking in fact
I like that one :D

on topic:

I think it depends on the scenario design.

For me the positioning of doors is also a decision of what tactical challenge I want a player to be confronted with. If he has to go around the back of a building to be able to enter it, he will have to plan his approach differently than if he can just waltz in through the front.

But in big scenarios with alot of units, this all leads to excessive micromanagement and distracts too much from the game, these could benefit from a generic door positioning.

And to make things easier, if there was a way to make the position of doors more visible from a higher elevation, I'd appreciate that, for sure.

Originally posted by birdstrike:

And to make things easier, if there was a way to make the position of doors more visible from a higher elevation, I'd appreciate that, for sure.

I guess this is the best solution! Since doors are central to MOUT in the present setting, and they can be found by tiresome camera movements, anyway, I think it would be better to just provide visual cues as to where they are, either coupled to a hotkey or to the movement cursor!

Now, doors hidden by Terrain Fog of War would be a different story altogether! CMx3?

Best regards,

Thomm