AI Progaming

OK I made a tiny battle to practice getting the AI to do what I want it to do. Going pretty well and I have the blue AI attacking a red trench position in a fairly realistic manner. One thing however ... the blue mortar fire only last turns 1 and 2 and stops after that even though there is plenty of ammo. Blue troops have not reached a position where friendly fire is an issue. This is when playing the red side. On playing the blue side after I plotted the mortar fire it really fired for effect and killed or wounded every enemy in 3 turns (game ended). Not sure what is going on.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

So far I find it easier to make two scenarios from the same map. 1 to be played from the Red side and the other from Blue.

I find seperating them makes it a little easier to achieve balance in the scenario.

It also makes it more straight forward for me when plotting multiple A.I. plans.

It is not really much more work either.

Regards John

Hi

“So far I find it easier to make two scenarios from the same map. 1 to be played from the Red side and the other from Blue.”

Exactly… one reason, or my reason, is that the AI in defense works best from ambush. Not in counter attack. Set all those T72s and BMPs up behind builds and such ready to ambush M1s as they come into view.

Let the defending AI do what it does best.

All the best,

Kip.