How do you create a map for Quick Battles?

You can just copy all scenario files and dump it in the QB folder. But you have to make sure that you have plans for both sides. You may also need to edit the objectives as all objectives become capture objectives in QB.

I stopped doing this as I found out that QB troop selection is annoyingly unbalanced at times. Until they fix this, I'm not playing QB.

a design your map

b give both sides set up zones

c create at least one AI plan for both sides

d save in the QB Map folder

If it's from an existing scenario map, this is already done for you. You only lose the scenario defined units.

Just remember, if it's a Blue attack, Red defend scenario and you want to defend as Blue, you'll have to change the AI plans to give the Red AI an attack plan.

I think its set in the "mission parameters" list in the scenario editor. The battle size is set there too. I made a 2km long desert map for large tank battles, and it always shows up when I choose "Large/Open" battle in the QB generator. (thats what I set it to in the editor).

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

Just remember, if it's a Blue attack, Red defend scenario and you want to defend as Blue, you'll have to change the AI plans to give the Red AI an attack plan.

According to Rune, you only need an attack plan for Blue and the AI should use it for either Blue or Red, depending on which side is the attacker in the particular QB. If it isn't doing this then Rune needs to know as it is a definite bug.

See Rune's post here

Yup. But if it's an open map and you set up the QB as a hilly map, it'll just dump you back to the main menu.

Just now I have one open and one village map in my QB Map folder, both my own design. Moving out the unwanted maps is definitely the way to go.

Cpl Steiner: Yes, I read that too. I was wrong :)