Deploying MG´s in houses!?

I tried this again and now when I watched them fire at several targets from this roof everything seemed to work ok.
i dont mean that they dont fire from roofs or inside of a building. i mean you can not "deploy" the weapon there wich gives them much worse accuracy and they are reluctant to engage things far away.

the thread is about this button;

in my test only the US MG team could deploy, on a flat roof, noone else, nowhere else. i have absolutely no plan why its that way, but i hope it get into a state where it "allways" work, in every test.

deployiz2.jpg

or does "this" work for you somehow!? maybe i try a reinstall, if yes :D

In my PC it works so that if I place a MG on roof or in other parts of the house during setup phase, the weapon is deployed. But if I move the crew to this place later then it cannot be deployed and it shoots very inaccurately like you say.

Somebody wrote earlier that this "deploy only during setup" simulates making holes to walls and other similar long lasting preparations before the battle that allow deployed usage. Don't know if this is really how it is, but would make sense.

In CMx1 games some weapons could be moved to a place during game, but once "deployed" they couldn't be moved anymore during that battle.

I think you SHOULD be able to deploy a MMG in houses. Already in WWII did you use TABLES to put the MMG with tripod on, and then put it behind a window so you can observ outwards (but a bit in from the window so you dont expose yourself)

So if we cant do that it means that our solders are to dumb to find and use a table?

/Chainsaw

In my PC it works so that if I place a MG on roof or in other parts of the house during setup phase, the weapon is deployed.
thats where i meant befor that i also tried to trick the game that way, but did you watched them for one or two minutes "after" you started the game!? in my game, after they notice they are somewhere where they cant deploy the weapon they often do the thing you sceenshoted befor. but they do not stay deployed.

so its acually a little "bug" to move teams into houses with a deployed weapon in setup phase. not bad as it corrects itself after short time but acually its meant the other way. it should work on flat and low wall roofs.

Don't know if this is really how it is, but would make sense.
i think not as they dont stay deployed. it would make sense though! unfortunately it isnt that way.

In CMx1 games some weapons could be moved to a place during game, but once "deployed" they couldn't be moved anymore during that battle.
well i think at the 88mm flaks, but these have nothing in common with PK/DHsK/AGS17 in therms of size and weight.

So if we cant do that it means that our solders are to dumb to find and use a table?
one could argue that in WWII many houses where emtied and tables/chairs/cuppboards and stuff like that got hacked to fire wood in the winter months. but still they where able to find such material to build a primitive weaponplatform.

now, in irak or similar there isnt total destruction going on for years(civilians,media and lack of visible opposition, you know...), most houses i saw pictured from the inside with our without dead badies where supplied with plenty of stuff to construct such a platform.

so at that moment ouer soldiers are to dumb so to say, as in "average" there is plenty of stuff in the houses left smile.gif

Originally posted by Pandur:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />thats where i meant befor that i also tried to trick the game that way, but did you watched them for one or two minutes "after" you started the game!? in my game, after they notice they are somewhere where they cant deploy the weapon they often do the thing you sceenshoted befor. but they do not stay deployed.

I tested this with 4 DshK crews, all deployed in one story buildings, either on roof or inside the building. The MG ammo ran out before 7 minutes. At that point one of the crews had decided to change place on the roof. Three others were still deployed.

I don't know which things cause the crew to abandon the deployed position without player giving any movement/face commands. Does building height matter and so on. But in some cases they do stay in the deployed position.

so its acually a little "bug" to move teams into houses with a deployed weapon in setup phase. not bad as it corrects itself after short time but acually its meant the other way. it should work on flat and low wall roofs.

Don't know how this is supposed work. What is a bug and what is not.

well i think at the 88mm flaks, but these have nothing in common with PK/DHsK/AGS17 in therms of size and weight.</font>

I tested this with 4 DshK crews, all deployed in one story buildings, either on roof or inside the building. The MG ammo ran out before 7 minutes. At that point one of the crews had decided to change place on the roof. Three others were still deployed.
insteressting, so a feature wich isnt discripted in the manual works partly.

i will do more tests ASAP.

still, that doesnt let me deploy my 4 MG´s i get in a syrian weapons platoon anywhere other than dirt when they arive somewhere.

Not size and weight, but the time it takes to get them deployed.
ok, but looked form that point of view, in CMx1 there where weapons with as much as 3 or 4 minutes setup time wich where not immobile when i remember right.

now if my teams would "abstarcted"(they do nothing) search the house for 2 to 2:30 minutes its abolutely no problem as CMSF scenarios, although a smaler scale are much much longer than CMx1 scenarios. what are 2 minutes out of 60, and thats just a medium size scenario.

and on flat roofs or low walled roofs it wouldnt take longer than the 20 seconds it takes anywhere else.

Cross thread conversation a while back that was redirected back to here. smile.gif

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=002475

2ijg51.jpg

2 MG teams are deployable on this roof in the setup phase. With the firing advantage working.

This also seems to reinforce the original thought that DEPLOY was part of setup due to time constraints. The extra effort in finding a stable platform to properly DEPLOY in/on a building. I don't think BFC wanted to add a seperate 2-15min DEPLOY option. I use 2-15min as a rough because you may not find what you need when you need it. smile.gif

to sumarize, the thread did go a long way since 31 july.

at first i created it to ask "if" i can deploy MG´s in houses and if anyone else was able to do it.

after time people came up witht he "2 minutes" idea and at the same time everyone was pretty confused becouse you cant deploy on low walled and flat roof tops, yet some weapons could.

than there was a official replie posted by doctechno copied from another tread, that in fact it "should" work on low walled and flat roofs. until now i just saw US MG teams beeing able to deploy up there, i dont talk about placing em there in setup zone as this is a nice but mostly useless feature as you want to bring oyur MG´s somewhere first for the most part.

so somehow 2 things got merged into one thing, i acually didnt asked about including the ability to deploy em "in" houses, it would be nice though, but i asked mainly about the deployment of those "on" rooftops with low or no wall as they have the tripod and dont need anything else for it, and there are no time constraints for that.

now to the end of the thread i noticed through testing that acually nothing can deploy on said rooftops other than US MG tams. moving em there in setup phase doesnt count there in the end as it is a total different thing.

now i wonder why it is that way!?

your on a wall with those little wall or totaly flat, go prone, set up the tripod and let it go, as they can do it in the dirt in just 20 seconds where the ground is mostly much more uneven than on a rooftop.

if it wouldnt be such an obvious easy thing to do it wouldnt bug me out that much everytime i play a REDvsRED scenario and have PLENTY of MG´s in the attack(4 per platoon) ;)

[ October 17, 2007, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Pandur ]