ATI Radeon HD3870, annoying problem

ok, i took some time off from CMSF becouse my new craphix card gives me some strange results in some areas of the game.

now i seek help here, maybe this can get fixed.

problem 1;

that happened when it should display the BFC logo at startup.

actualy i already fixed it by doing nothing, after a few times starting the game, it was gone, all normal now.

grakalq9.jpg

problem 2;

a verry silent high frequncy sound is "played" as soon as i come into the main menue.

its not comming out of the speakers, its from inside of the PC.

when i progress to the "battle" screen the sound keeps changeing every time i scroll the battle list with the buttons.

i belive i can say i hear the sound every time where there are some buttons around, like it stops a moment after i selected a battle, and comes back when i chosse the side and playstyle.

after that its over. i dont have the sound while playing. just in the menues.

its clearly not the internal PC speaker, its much to silent for that. i have no clue where it could come from but it must be from the graphics card as that the only thing i changed and it started after i put it in.

strange enough, all other games have no problems with this card.

thanks

To me it appears you have a flaky video card. That the screen looked like that then corrected itself sounds like video processor or memory. Ditto if it is making sounds. If you can exchange the card, do so, if you can't, then see what you can do to determine if the card is going bad or not.

Rune

I've also got the high pitched noise in my ATI 1950XTX when looking at the menus in CMSF, but I also get it in other situations also (scrolling the campaign map in M2TW for example).

From what I can gather (from Google!), it can be caused when the card is drawing on a lot of power. Depending on a combination of motherboard, video card and psu there is a chance that a resonance circuit is created in some power regulation coil, which makes a high-pitched sound. So it's an ATI design issue.

As for the corruption - I saw that when I went to the ATI Catalyst 8.1 drivers, but I had other performance issues with those drivers so I went back to 7.11. Incidentally if I press the 'esc' key when the intro pops up, it momentarily corrupts the screen before the game menu pops up.

Or what rune said.

but I also get it in other situations also (scrolling the campaign map in M2TW for example).

From what I can gather (from Google!), it can be caused when the card is drawing on a lot of power. Depending on a combination of motherboard, video card and psu there is a chance that a resonance circuit is created in some power regulation coil, which makes a high-pitched sound. So it's an ATI design issue.

other games i regulary play and played with hte new Gfx card so far are; Armed Assault, Flatout2, NFS pro street, GT legends.

this games run normal and without any problem or strange sounds.

As for the corruption - I saw that when I went to the ATI Catalyst 8.1 drivers, but I had other performance issues with those drivers so I went back to 7.11. Incidentally if I press the 'esc' key when the intro pops up, it momentarily corrupts the screen before the game menu pops up.

i bought a 3850 last weekend and i know "problem 1" - but for me it is not a problem because the game starts normal afterwards

i had this with the latest ATI drivers i installed two or 3 weeks ago after i got the card. currently i use the latest omega drivers wich support the HD38XX series, and have the same problem.

it starts normaly afterwards for me too.