NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS graphics corruption

Earlier versions of CMSF ran fine on my system. I've downloaded the latest patch for CMSF as well as my NVIDIA.

Now, I get clack landscape without textures, odd rainbow colors all over the terain, etc.

Troops and vehicles display but the game is completely unplayable.

Are there some settings or something that I can change?

I found with my system and a 7950gt that the 100 series nvidia drivers gave quite a few graphical probs with this and some other games i own so i went back to the 90 series drivers (93.71). Im sure the 100 series drivers are geared more towards the 8 series graphics cards.

Guess some people probably run an Nvidia 7 series card and the 100 series drivers no problem, but on my sys with the 7950gt the 90 series drivers are definately better.

Even with a pair of SLR enabled 8800 Pros have some problem with the graphics. When I load a turn I can watch the cards draw in the detail on the map. This happens every I start a turn in WEGO (I don't play in RT).It doesn't matter if it's the movement or the playback phase.

OK, folks...I had reverted to earlier NVIDIA drivers, to no avail. But apparently they weren't early *enough*. I re-installed version 162.67 from December 2007 and things run fine now.

Goto http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html for the XP and Win2k legacy drivers...for the 7 series at least. If you goto the NVIDIA page for your new driver, for whatever OS, you should see a link on the left for an archive where you can get the older ones.

My thanks to Martin at Battlefront not so much for solving the problem (he didn't) but for keeping me engaged long enough to solve the problem instead of ejecting the game from my hard drive like Hephaestus from heaven.

"EAGLE THIS IS EAGLE 6, TANKS AND PCS AT TRP 3. AT MY COMMAND, TOP HAT, TOP HAT...FIRE."

Originally posted by Splinty:

Even with a pair of SLR enabled 8800 Pros have some problem with the graphics. When I load a turn I can watch the cards draw in the detail on the map. This happens every I start a turn in WEGO (I don't play in RT).It doesn't matter if it's the movement or the playback phase.

SLI (not SLR) is not that great with some games, and I doubt CMSF is optimized for SLI/Crossfire support, so lag is possible. I find CMSF runs just fine on my 8600GT.