Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Radeon 9700

I have the Radeon 9700TX video card with the latest driver set installed. I am running a P4 2.4gHz, 512mb RDRam, Win XP Pro (completely updated with DX 8.1). I have no fog effects in CMBB. I tried toggling through shift-W to no effect. Any help to be had?

Thx!

[ December 30, 2002, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: KG_AGCent ]

Originally posted by KG_AGCent:

I have the Radeon 9700TX video card with the latest driver set installed. I am running a P4 2.4gHz, 512mb RDRam, Win XP Pro (completely updated with DX 8.1). I have no fog effects in CMBB. I tried toggling through shift-W to no effect. Any help to be had?

Thx!

Bad news, the Radeon does not support fog in CM.

KC

[ December 30, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Krazy Canuck ]

• 1 month later...

None of the 'tweaks' for fog on the Radeon will work (when it comes to what CM needs).

ATI doesn't support fog-tables/particle-fog effects under DirectX - the code simply doesn't exist in the driver to my knowledge. So a 'tweak' will do nothing but edit the registry with a setting that generally means nothing (though it may have been defined by ATI).

Some people have mentioned here that they were certain that one of the Catalysts gave them fog-effects (Catalyst 2.4). However I doubt that was the case.

• 4 weeks later...

... Certainly do not ditch your card for one game, unless that is all you play. It's the best card out there.

Something you might consider trying, (I have yet to) is using the latest Omega drivers for the ati chipset. Apparently people are reporting gains in several areas over the 3.2 cats. It might just be that 'fog' has been implemented too.