Crappy graphics

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-34 1768MHz

ATI Mobility Radeon XPress 200 series 128Mb

Windows XP Home 1024Mb

BFC version

I ran the demo pretty well, so I was confident in this game.

I downloaded the 1.02 version, but the graphics is crappy...ants instead of men...

The 1.03 doesn't help

Poor performance for my 55 bucks....

Ah...old CM1 times...

O tempora, o mores!

[ September 02, 2007, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Knaust ]

you might have set the video setting higher

I'm running CMSF on a 1.6ghz laptop with 128megs video shared with 1 gig of ram

and the game runs fine

but I need to run it at lower graphics settings

still looks good

but on my desktop with a 512 video card and 3ghz cpu and 2 gigs of ram it looks great

I'm more than pleased with the 55 bucks I spent on this game for what it does and the great customer service I got

Originally posted by Knaust:

sure more video memory would help....

but why did the demo run fine?????...

first scenario is not so crowdy....

You have integrated graphics, the game isn't going to look good, no matter what settings you choose. Integrated graphics chipsets are about five years behind standard graphics cards, just so you have an idea of what you're working with. So basically you are trying to run the game on a card on pair with a Radeon 8500/9000. Its not going to look great graphically.

Knaust,

You are the only person to have said that the game runs worse now than before, so keep that in mind.

v1.02 added some Options that might be causing you problems. If you experienced no mouse problems in v1.01 Demo make sure the ATI Left-Click option is off. Also make sure Priority is set to High within Options.

v1.03 improved the graphics for everybody, but especially high end cards (yours most definitely is not high end :D ) If you have your graphics settings anywhere above the middle ranges you need to set them lower. You've got a bottom of the line video card and therefore running anything greater than the lowest settings will likely cause framerate problems.

Try that and report back. Make sure to specify what your CM graphics settings are.

Steve

[ September 04, 2007, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I had an ATI Radeon Express 200 in my machine and was told the day I bought the machine it would suck long and hard at playing games on. CM:SF wouldn't play at all with it, but when I upgraded to a card actually designed with game playing in mind, it made all the difference in the world.

well...I play Medieval Total War II very smoothly, in laarge battles too...but...no problem...

Originally posted by Knaust:

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-34 1768MHz

ATI Mobility Radeon XPress 200 series 128Mb

Windows XP Home 1024Mb

BFC version

I ran the demo pretty well, so I was confident in this game.

I downloaded the 1.02 version, but the graphics is crappy...ants instead of men...

The 1.03 doesn't help

Poor performance for my 55 bucks....

Ah...old CM1 times...

O tempora, o mores!

Knaust,

you have nearly the same hardware as my notebook:

Test Setting: When Allah's Fist is loaded as the Blue Player, looking down the long dimension of the map.

VISTA Ultimate 32bit (1280x960)

Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Pa 1510

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-52 @ 1.6 Ghz

1.0GB Ram (DDR2 533Mhz) (minus 128 MB for ATI)

ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 1100 (128 MB allocated)

Catalyst 7.8

Result: 3 FPS as per FRAPS

The problem here clearly is the ATI mobility card. It shares memory with the build in 1024 MB Ram and isn´t really designed for 3D games.

So in conclusion: don´t play 3D games on this minimalistic hardware. As an option you can try to upgrade your RAM to 2048MB and allocate 256 or 512MB to the graphic card via the catalyst driver. Maybe that helps a little but don´t expect wonders.

cheers

Helge

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Knaust,

You are the only person to have said that the game runs worse now than before, so keep that in mind.

v1.02 added some Options that might be causing you problems. If you experienced no mouse problems in v1.01 Demo make sure the ATI Left-Click option is off. Also make sure Priority is set to High within Options.

v1.03 improved the graphics for everybody, but especially high end cards (yours most definitely is not high end :D ) If you have your graphics settings anywhere above the middle ranges you need to set them lower. You've got a bottom of the line video card and therefore running anything greater than the lowest settings will likely cause framerate problems.

Try that and report back. Make sure to specify what your CM graphics settings are.

Steve

Steve,

thx for tips...but it doesn't work anyway..

CM settings

Scenario Abu Susah

Display 1024x768

Monitor 1280x800

VSynch Off

3D Model Fastest

3D Texture Fastest

Antialias Off

High Priority On

ATI Left-Click Off

Please take note that I am NOT experiencing problems with Demo version1.02 with these settings

CM settings

Scenarios Both

Display 1024x768

Monitor 1280x800

VSynch Off

3D Model Balanced

3D Texture Balanced

Antialias Off

High Priority Off

ATI Left-Click Off

Waiting eagerly for my CD version1.01 ;) ...I want to play a downgraded version :D