AMD 7.8 drivers, do they work ok with CMFS?

Hello

Iam one of the unfortunate ones who owns AMD X2 processor, Radeon X1900XTX card and CMFS. Pre 1.02 patch I got freezes in about 10minutes to the game and now with 1.02 I get freezes and warping units.

So in a sense my situation got worse with 1.02 patch than with the unpatched 1.01. So my guestion goes, has anybody tried the new ATI 7.8 CCC drivers and if so, do they work better with CMSF than the earlier ones?

I have pretty much tried everything else than fresh install of the XP. M$ dualcore fix installed, AMD processor drivers installed, tried AMD Dual core optimizer (uninstalled it since). All my other games run flawlessly so Iam not too eager to do fresh install of XP :/

I am using the ATI CAT 7.8 drivers with Vista and AMD X2, ATI 1800XT. I have no issues, but I had no issues with the 7.7 drivers too.

If do a format, I recommend you create a harddrive image when you have all your stuff loaded. I use http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/

It's much faster restoring an image then formating and loading all your software one at a time.

I've got the latest 1.2 patch, AMD dual cores, Vista Ultimate, ATI X1900 All in WOnder, ATI 7.8 drivers and the game still flickers like the disco ball bad enough that I can't see the screen.

I'm uninstalling the game and hope Battlefront will issue me a refund. I may purchase the game once I get a NVIDIA card.

Help please with my refund.

BTW, I've tried 7.7 prior to 7.8 in case you're wondering.

Thanks for the tips and the info, I won´t bother installing 7.8 drivers. It seems that ATI drivers are targetted for the new generation of cards anyways so its no shocker really.

Iam too quite suprised how this CMSF turned out. I was expecting a superb tactical game with medicore graphics and with rock stable engine, much like older CM games. What I got was a tactical game with potential (cant really say, since I can game max 10mins) which in its current shape is the buggiest game I have ever purchassed. Oh well, here is hoping BF can get their acts together with the WWII edition.

I´ll give it ago, I have not tried the affinity thing after 1.02.

edit:

Yep now with 1.02 patch and affinity set on one core, the game no longer freezes. Still the game feels bit clunky and AI not so smart. But atleast I got it working now smile.gif

[ August 16, 2007, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: sam0t ]