Paradox V1.02 Patch ready to be installed?

No, dont use that patch yet. The one they posted is still not quite right. It was supposed to be an all inclusive one but the one thats up there now is still missing some scenario and campaign files that were recently updated.

I have just spoken to them and they will be emailing all their customers early tomorrow and will have the correct full 78 meg v1.02 patch ready then.

If you absolutely positively can't wait, AND you are already patched up with v1.01a, then you can download the one they have now (only 37 megs) but I would still recommend downloading the larger "proper" one tomorrow just to be sure you have everything all synched up.

Madmatt

OUCH! What happened? I downloaded the Paradox CD 1.02 patch today (the 14th) and a game that used to run fine with shadows and trees turned off now runs in staccato bursts with them turned off! I have an 18 month old machine with plenty of ram, dual core, and an ATI X300 video. But again, the performance was better prior to the 1.02 patch!

Bill

Well, as I said above, I wouldn't download their patch just yet BUT its core functionality is okay and it shouldnt have really affected your performance at all, in fact it should have increased it. Be sure and read through the included readme as it includes details on some added game options that might help.

Madmatt

BUT its core functionality is okay
Well, I installed paradox 1.02 patch (35.6mb) and suffered terrible issues:

Infantry did´nt want go to buldings and pathfinding was much much worser than in 1.01a.

I couldn´t click most of units in combat (you know what i mean)

Wher ordered stryker to move, the soldiers in it bailed out.

I experienced those bugs after the patch installing, the 1.01a was working "fine".

Hello to all, my name is ruutana, live in Finland, eat carrots and have been a huge CMBB fan for years. Hope also CMSF fan, time will tell how you fellas can put this game to one piece. Lots of AI patching needed etc.

EDIT.

Also the game doesn´t function wery well in my radeon x1950xt. Menus are flickering and dissapearing, as well my shadows are fainting time after time even if I play 1.01a... I have newest drivers etc.

Well patch should be ready today (15th)? I installed it too, resulting that pathfinding is messed up and enemies can shoot through the walls. My men cant.

Other than that game works fine (by fine I mean crashing after every battle and complaining about "wrong disc inserted")

There is still the same old "not-so-good" -patch at paradox web page. In other forum, one guy mentioned that he applied that buggy patch and it worked..

When the real 1.02 arrives, I´ll install CMSF to the clean desk and apply the patches and...wait for the next ones! 1.03_perkele edition 400MB.

I was expecting them to post the new *proper* 78 meg v1.02 patch today but I dont know why they haven't yet. They have it, I know I sent it to them.. If it doesnt go up by tomorrow I will just go ahead and release it to our regular file mirrors to post.

The Gamersgate v1.02 should also be out shortly as they have the files too now.

Madmatt

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Paradox patch currently hosted IS now correct.

The Gamersgate patch *should* be okay as well. Its smaller because all Gamersgate versions were already v1.01. I want to check it myself still before I say 100% that its okay but it might not be until Monday that I can get a version of it to look at.

Madmatt