Invisible infantry.

In one of my current PBEM games i have three Strykers that hold infantry. Each one i have issued the infantry riding inside with dismount orders but when the movie plays the rear doors of the Strykers drop down and then nowt happens.

On closer inspection during the next turn the ICV's are empty but the icon for the infantry is still present and so are the dismount orders!!!!

001-7.jpg

Is this a bug or am i missing something?

TTFN

I'm now having this same problem after some upgrades. Turning shadows off worked.

Since I upgraded my Vista32 nVidia 8800GTS driver to the latest version 162.22 (from 158.45) and CMSF to 1.02 at the same time it could have been caused by either one - or a combination of both...

I had this problem after the upgrade and had to change some settings within the game as well as the Nvidia control panel (I have a 7800 gs, dual core machine).

Nvidia settings control panel for CMSF

Anisot. filter 2x

Antial gamma cor ON

Antial setting 2x

antial transparency multi

conformant text clamp use open gl

ext limit off

force mipmaps bilinear

multi-display/mixed... single display perf mode

text filter-anis mip filter.. on

text filter anis sampl opt...off

text filter neg LOD bias allow

text quality quality

text filter trilinear off

triple buffering on

vertical sync force off

In game control

3d models better

vert sync off

anti alias on

high prioty process on

I also set the affinity to one of the cores as per padlocked thread. I did not systematically check everything, but this works in my rig and looks okay (better than CMBO!). I'll be happy when this gets patched....