Blank Screen help...PLEASE

At first I only heard the sound from the intro. Then I played the intro.wmv with wmp which allowed it to play althought with low colour quality.

Anyway I start the game and just get a blank screen regardless of whether I've removed the intro from the data folder or not.

Nothing just a blank screen.

Help, or I'll start crying like a big girly man.

Core Duo 2.4

7900GS

1 Gig RAM

I looked at the properties for the CMSF folder and it says only 160mb size on disk.

Is this the issue, with the version100 file not installing?

do I need to download again?

The download was 395,587 but I had to do it through a internet cafe who burnt it to CD for me, if I do it again it will cost me more than I paid for the game. I can only get dial up where I live.

Oh the pain.

[ July 30, 2007, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: bodkin ]

Originally posted by bodkin:

but the same error keeps coming up, I guess I've got to download again. [/QB]

You can try checksum first, download this:

http://downloads.activestate.com/contrib/md5sum/Windows/md5sum.exe

run:

md5sum CMSF_Setup.exe

and you should get this output:

55bcdf21b05d99a4b3abda9e3510ac3f CMSF_Setup.exe

- copy md5sum.exe to the directory where CMSF_Setup is (MyDownload for example)

- run cmd.exe

- type: cd \MyDownload - if it's on a different drive then windows, type the drive letter fist ( d: )

- type: md5sum CMSF_Setup.exe

Alternatively try google md5sum or md5 checksum, there are many tools, including GUI.

Same here. I can not start the demo and I see a black screen. I change my 5.900 XT for a new buy 7.600 GT and I have the same problem now.

before with the 5.900 XT I can play the demo with low resolution.

But now with the 7.600 GT I can not play the same DEMO no matter what nvidia drivers I use: 93.71; 94.24; 162.18.

I pick the demo , can not start the intro nor the demo. See a black screen and only ear the same music, and I must to shut down the computer.

Athlon XP 3.200+ 2.191 MHZ

Windows XP SP2

Nvidia 7.600GT AGP

Originally posted by Halberdiers:

I pick the demo , can not start the intro nor the demo. See a black screen and only ear the same music, and I must to shut down the computer.

Have you tried changing the refresh rate of your monitor? I had the same sort of problem and that fixed it for me.

A quick way to check: CTRL-ALT-DEL, then resume CMSF. Do you see the display for an instant before it goes blank again?

First thank for the help Sirocco.

It is strange and simply, but I remove the "INTRO File" from "Data" and eureka! the game run perfect now. ?!!

I have installed the 93.71 drivers but I will go to see what about with the latest nvidia drivers.

[ August 04, 2007, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Halberdiers ]

My game works but I get a blank screen with music playing in the background before the main menu appears. I used to get graphical corruption instead of a blank screen but I think this has gone away because I am using "Desktop" for the game's resolution setting now - although I can't say for sure. I have tried changing monitor refresh rate but it made no difference.

I have updates Windows Media Player as suggested by BFC for it still doesn't work. Not a big issue but it would be nice if it was fixed.

• 1 month later...

I finally got securom to tell me to play the game on a non-admin account on my pc.

Great..game runs...right into a black screen and that's it.

I took out the intro movie file, tried different refresh rates and set grafix card to application controlled for AA/AF. Still a black screen.

Starting to think I will never get to play this game on my own machine.

There's a post on using AA with Nvidia cards and the intro screen will not play (but sound is active) but everything else is find.

I have this problem. With AA, no screen. With AA off, I have the screen.

Not sure this is the issue for some of you or not but again check the forum as many people reported this AA issue. Not sure if a fix is planned or not.