My god, these cam controls

Sorry, but that dyspeptic reviewer was right...

The camera controls are terrible. I never had any problem with these in first few Combat Mission series.

In this game, after a good half an hour, I simple can't find a way to get behind my own units at about a 45 degree angle (the most commonly used view). Yes, I am using ALL of the commands, mouse and hotkey. Sometimes the camera won't even go backwards.

Guys, fix this. It SUCKS and is ruining the rest of the game!

I haven't noticed it near this bad. However, I have found what appears to be an annoying anomoly in the camera controls.

When using the w-s-a-d camera pan controls, the 3D view often moves in fits and stars, sometimes pausing. I originally thought this might have something to do with graphics load times, but when using the mouse (moving the cursor to the edges of the screen) to pan around on the screen, everything works smoothly.

A hate the new controls. Is there a way to move the camera (not rotate it) using keyboard ?

Why they removed direct hotkeys to orders. If I want move order, I want just to pres M.

This GUI is a clickfest, unplayable for me in longer sessions.

EDIT:never mind, looks like the hotkeys are customizable smile.gif

[ July 28, 2007, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Martin Krejcirik ]

Martin... yes, the hotkeys are customizable (to some extent). Moreover, please note that there is a set of six commands (the most often used ones) which CAN be accessed in the way you want it - those are target, quick (move), hide and a few others. It doesn't matter in which command panel you are, you can call them up by just clicking on one key.

As for cam controls - WASD moves the camera and can be customized. My own preferred method to move the camera is with left-click-hold and right-click-hold on the mouse.

Martin

Lots of this stuff is helpful but I should note...

When the camera becomes incapable of moving backwards (towards the bottom of the monitor), I am NOWHERE near the edge of the battlefield map--- in fact I'm dead in the middle.

I try using only the mouse functions, which seems to be the best workaround for now.

Martin - better then nothing, but I still find the keyboard support very bad. Why on earth only six commands are hotkeyable, why I can't assign extended keys (ctrl, shift, arrows, F1-12, ins, del, etc).

I can't use the mouse for too long, hurts my wrist :-(

Also option to disable camera rotation by mouse on the upper half of the screen would be very helpful.

Noted elsewhere, but true in my case also...

I downloaded/updated the most recent ATI drivers for my x1900 prior to installing CM/SF. Others have said that rolling back to an earlier driver solves the problem. I may or may not find the energy to do that, but I hope it's addressed in the next patch!

C.

At the moment i'm having a real problem with moving.

My mouse movment is jump (ie. way to quick)

The keyboard controls are unusable

Shift and control dont work and/or freeze the game, everything else has a delay, works in spurts and/or momentarily freezes the game

I have 94.24 Nvidia, but I seriously doubt this has anything to do with graphics. There is some problem with the way keys are being input from the keyboard ( programable buttons on my mouse dont work either.)