French Campaign - Under Siege

I just had a great time playing the above scenario of the French campaign. The fighting was fierce and intense - what a great game! But then something happened that really is a big let down of this game: I just couldn't finish the mission!!! Somewhere on the map there must have been that lonely German panzer crew member that I overlooked. Only because of that I will need to replay the mission - how boring. Pleeeeeeeease fix that! Make it possible to end missions in a decent way. Thanks!

Hello to everyone.

Same for me. I got stuck and could not obtain the victory message. I was left with a few men, the three 75 guns and most of my tanks and AFV's - some of them partly disabled or low on ammo, though - but could not have the mission end. Of course, this is after all the different attack waves had been thrashed. I combed the map twice and killed a few dismounted German tankers concealed in front of my lines, but to no avail.

I looked into the .xml script file but that did not bring me forward a lot - maybe just because I was reluctant to really drown myself in it, with a thorough studying of the trigger manual. But a swift comparison with the same file for other missions of the French campaign showed there is no clear "missionwin" trigger for this one.

So, if someone could provide ideas and insight, that would be great.

It could be of importance to note that at some stage of the fighting my position got over-run by ennemy infantery. All the German soldiers got mowed down by MG fire, finally, but still : they had reached the top of the hill, and even got beyond. Maybe that flagged a partial (sub-mission) victory for the ennemy that, in its turn, prevents me from ending the mission victoriously. Just some food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like it might be a buggy mission design.

I've just started the "Heart of Resistance" mission, and I'm guessing that this one is probably next, so it would be nice to get a confirmation on what the real issue is.

Moon or Madmatt, can you help?

Thnx,

DV

i have had this problem on similar missions also... on most of them it just takes patience to comb the map for the remaining stragglers, very frustrating though.

Richtschuetze, I had the same problem as you on that campaign, I couldnt find a breathing german anywhere on the map, my positions also got overrun at some stage, so I put it down to one of the victory conditions not being met.

I can only guess its some kind of 'bug' in the scripting ie. not written or tested correctly :rolleyes:

Which is kind of nonsensical when you consider victory conditions can be set by casualty rates as well as troop conditions.

I'm not sure why they chose to leave this out of most of the battle scenarios. Oudy was able to implement it in his Yanovo user mission including a retreat trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I, too, encountered the same problem in the Caen campaign. I hunted down all the scattered German crews and wiped them out, but still could not get a win. Ultimately, I found one group of German infrantry just off the playable area of the map that - for whatever reason - would not enter the map. As soon as I started firing on them, they hit the dirt and I could not flush them. Try to call in my last remaining air strike, but to no avail.