Vehicle movements

In the Dunkirk battle I get reinforcements, some of these are trucks with trailered guns.

When I give the trucks a movement order to cross a bridge and come to the "front" I find, after checking their progress a few minutes later, they seem incapable of crossing bridges.

Instead they seem intent on practicing fifty point turns and I end up either not using the guns and just getting the troops out of the truck and running to battle (takes a while) or having to micro-manage the trucks route when I should be directing the tanks fighting the (damn) frenchies!

Am I doing something wrong :confused:

If you send the 2 trucks over the same bridge they tend to get in each other way. What I did (as with the tank at the start of the mission) is sending one truck to the start of one bridge and the second truck to the second bridge. From there they are ordered to the front. Both crossed the bridge without problems.

Thanks guys,

It seems that a simple bridge crossing (follow the road is all) requires a lot of thought and control, The addition of waypoints in the upcoming patch will prolly sort this out, in the meantime I'll let Austin Powers carry on driving the trucks (remember him turning the yellow buggy in the tunnel?)

.50 rocks!

• 3 weeks later...

hehe, with the mighty pause feature i order a singe lkw to go aver the bridge, after 3 seconds to 2nd and after 3 senconds again i issue orders t the 3rd truck/vehicle. took me 9 seconds ingame time than :D

that makes em go in a bit spread out colum without any "trafic jams".