rifles against tanks?

every shot landing on/nearby a target scares it a tad bit.

It could be possible to hit the morale of the tank crew, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just go for the kill and keep those rifles on some other target. Unless ofc they have nothing better to do and the tank is busy shooting something else (shooting makes your infantry much more visible and mr tank is happy to bring you HE gifts)

Piecekeeper,

There was a case in Tunisia, I believe, in which a Sherman was somehow cornered by a German infantry platoon/company (forget which) and was basically shot to pieces by concentrated rifle and MG fire over a period of several minutes. All gunnery and observation optics were wrecked, the turret was jammed, and the vehicle was immobilized. Doubt it's doable in the game, but it was done on occasion in reality.

Regards,

John Kettler

Dunno about tanks, but against lightly armored vehicles such as armored cars and halftracks, in-game concentrated and prolonged infantry fire, especially with multiple machine guns, will eventually disable or force them back. With earlier models sooner or later a lucky hit in the engine compartment will cause the engine to catch fire and the crew to bail.

I tried that in the battle for the French "Last Chance".

All the German tanks were out of ammunition and I only had an immobilised Char with MG ammunition left. So I started pounding a German "Kleiner Panzerbefehlswagen I" ...... and went for supper. After coming back ~20min later the German tank crew was still in its vehicle and did not move at all.

I disembarked the Char and my 4 crew members got nailed by the "Kleiner Panzerbefehlswagen I" to end that battle.

Uwe