Zhukhov's Advance bug

EDIT: whoops, wrong section. some mod can move this to tech support?

Looks like there's a bug in Zhukov's advance in the unit allocation screen.

Even though you start with 4-5 units pre-allocated (2 non-removable), you cannot replace any of the rest. If you try to remove one of the squads to add another, well, you just can't. Squad gets removed and then you find out you can't add another one.

Tried removing all but the 2 unremovable, still doesn't work.

Maybe max_soldiers < pre_allocated_soldiers ?

I was gonna re-test it, but once again the game crashed on the map loading. And after goign through steel rain, I ain't got the patience to.

Who the hell designed that map? Was he high?

la Vache

"And sometimes the setup mode sticks a couple of your units in some odd place and then won't let you move them. PITA."

This is caused by either the lack of a "placeholder" for the unit in question OR more likely, the lack of the proper TYPE of placeholder. Placeholders have to be set to the proper type or you will get the "stranded" vehicle problem. I know this because I replaced a couple of vehicles in the game with a different type of vehicle. When I started the mission, the new vehicle was stranded way off from the rest of my units. Once I changed the original vehicle's placeholder to properly match the new vehicle, the unit appeared properly in the setup area with the rest of my forces.

nope, no matter how many times I start the battle and then restart (via menu), or load the saves from the unit section, I still can't get to get a single staff squad in my roster.

Or any other squad for that matter.

yup, I found it, it was as I suspected.

--------------------------

Open mission in editor (USSR->R012_Kowel), and at the upper right window:

expand Kowel,

expand Army_composition,

expand Permission,

Select "Detachment/Rus=2" (that's the bugger),

at the window at the bottom Select the field next to "limit" and put 4 (the number of infantry units allowed)

---------------------

Wh000, nice first for both modding any game. The problem was kinda obvious.

Also, I love the XML structure, and from the looks of it there are quite a few things that can be changed (dunno if everything in the dtd is supported by the game).

Finally, someone up there can tell me if this was a mistake or a forced limitation of infantry selection in this map? I guess one could just forbid all infantry types apart from plain if he wanted to limit the map in such a way.

EDIT: oh, and in order to use the new settings you must start the map fromt he campaign selection window. Apparently savegames contain all the map information in them.

• 2 weeks later...