Stuck in Caen

I'm playing the allied campaign and have problems with the battle for Caen. I have completed all the objectives and eliminated all enemies I can found, but the game doesn’t end. I have also re-played the battle from the beginning but it doesn’t help either.

Is there anybody who knows how to end this mission? All the objectives are completed in the briefing, but there is still a number 2 marking on the map. It’s very frustrating because I can’t continue the campaign without ending this mission. Is this the last mission on the campaign?

Hi Laz, crazyman is right, should be in the strategy and tactics forum... but, since were here, would be rude to not give some advice ;)

the problem is most likely that for some reason there a few maps where you are required to eliminate every last breathing opponent.

You will need to scour the map with as many wheeled/tracked vehicles as possible, in as many different directions as possible.

more than likely there is an enemy gun crew or tank crew skulking around the map somewhere.. it is frustrating, I was hoping the patch had fixed this problem... apparently not. Fortunately, not all of the maps have this victory condition.

Good luck

Thanks R33GZ for the answer. I thought this problem could be a bug, that’s why I posted it here. I have tried to line up everything i have left and searched the map from north to south and west to east and found nothing. The good news for you is that I run the Kalypso version, so the patch may fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by laz:

I have tried to line up everything i have left and searched the map from north to south and west to east and found nothing.

An enemy unit may have retreated way off map. The only hope is to move your units to the far end of the map quickly and hope they get a sighting of it to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...

Solved! It wasn't a problem with a unit way off map. I replayed the mission a couple of times and in the last and successful session I deployed my units at a more defensive position behind the village. When the mission failed to end I deployed my units in front of the village, too close to the farmstead. The first two objectives was completed after about 10 seconds. I think there is some serious problem with the scripting in this mission.

• 2 weeks later...