when is the next patch due ?

Fair enough..Right now the patch is mainly focussed on improving Multiplayer stability.

Early results with this patch have been very good but I am also hoping to get other, unrelated MP enhancements in as well.

Can't really say much more than that at the moment but as I get more details I will share them here.

Madmatt

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by chanss:

Will you also fix the "ignore loss in campaign" option? I have never ever been able to use it. When I finnish a scenario with end battle it just puts me back at the same one again, I can NOT choose the next scenario in the campaign.

In what campaign?

Maybe it isnt a bug, is the only way to use "ignore loss in campaign" to have ones units completely lost and therefore triggering lost scenario?

I thought I could use it by chosse "end scenario" anytime i wanted and thereafter taking the next scenario in line.

Understand what i mean?

Hi,

Is there any news when next patch is going to be release?

I’m really interested since I haven’t been able to play the game yet, and I have lost my hope that I ever can play the game on my system.

My problem is that the whole system freezes after about 5 min playing, and I don’t know what is causing it.

My system:

CPU: Pentium P4 3,0 GHz

Ram: 2 GB

Graphic card: GF-7600

Soundcard: Integrated AC’97

Win-XP (SP2)

cheers/

bus

There is no known (reported) bugs in the game which can cause complete system freeze. It is difficult to hang XP, BTW, so i think it is a hardware problem. Did you try other resourse-demanding games?

Your system freeze is likely to be caused by overheating of RAM or CPU (videocard may be the culprit too, but TOW heavily uses CPU and RAM). I'll advise you to run special system stability tests also known as 'burn-in' tests. Even running 3DMark 2005 in a cycle for an hour or so without stops will do to check your system stability in stressful conditions.

I had frequent system freezes with TOW when I first got it and found it next to unplayable. (unable to even Ctl-Alt-Del). They still occasionally happen, but much less often when I've run FSAutostart before running TOW. FSAutostart shuts down non-essential background Window processes, freeing up RAM (and perhaps getting rid of a conflicting process into the bargain). Its freeware, perhaps it will help you?

Jmayer,

Another thought...I also have AC97 chipset. I disabled this through control panel>system>hardware and I managed to finish Dunkirk for the first time without a crash. Didn't use FSAutostart either. I have an Audigy soundcard to use instead. Don't know if it'll help, but you could try disabling AC97 too...

CharlieMike24,

I don't have any problems running ToW on my machine at all. I was thanking you for bringing to lite a program that others might use to help them to enjoy ToW.

I use my onboard audio which is AC97 chipset and it works fine. Those who have it might try updating their drivers for it though.

Thanks agian for your posts on this to help others so they might enjoy this wonderful game.

The patch for multiplayer should be out soon and I for one am looking for others to play co op with. IF you are interested please let me know, that goes for anyone who has this game.

Is there any chance that ToW could have problem with Java Virtual Machine?

I do believe that my virus/firewall (Panda IS 2008) isn’t convenience with Java VM. The system started to freeze when updating Panda IS after I installed Java VM.

It could also be Panda and ToW which is causing the system freeze.

Is there any one which have experience with ToW and Panda IS?