THIS GAME IS A MESS!!

Ok I finally got the game to load, decent looking graphics, fine. But what about playability?! I get to the 2nd battle 'Rising Tide' in the Polish Campaign, I'm driving around in a Vickers Machine Gun Tank, Im surrounded by 10 or 11 German tanks who are at point blank range, blasting away at me, and me at them, and neither side can put a scratch on my tank, or I on the Nazi Panzer I and II's! The ground my tank is sitting on is getting chewed up, but the tanks are oblivious to fire from 10, 20, or even 50 yards away. Was this game ever tested?!! Combat Mission was at least playable! This is not! I suggest you change your Headline on the web page from 'Theatre Of War Released' to 'Theatre Of War Released Prematurely!' You're going to need a bigger patch to make this game playable. I'm wishing you would've used Combat Mission's game engine with the better graphics of TOW. :confused:

Originally posted by Marshall Budenny:

Ok I finally got the game to load, decent looking graphics, fine. But what about playability?! I get to the 2nd battle 'Rising Tide' in the Polish Campaign, I'm driving around in a Vickers Machine Gun Tank, Im surrounded by 10 or 11 German tanks who are at point blank range, blasting away at me, and me at them, and neither side can put a scratch on my tank, or I on the Nazi Panzer I and II's! The ground my tank is sitting on is getting chewed up, but the tanks are oblivious to fire from 10, 20, or even 50 yards away. Was this game ever tested?!! Combat Mission was at least playable! This is not! I suggest you change your Headline on the web page from 'Theatre Of War Released' to 'Theatre Of War Released Prematurely!' You're going to need a bigger patch to make this game playable. I'm wishing you would've used Combat Mission's game engine with the better graphics of TOW. :confused:

I need to ask: Do you really expect to "put a scratch" on a tank with a Vickers machinegun?

As for the Mk I's and II's not scratcing yours, well there may be some bug in this but I bet if you keep playing the game, you will see many tanks meet there end. Mk I's wont hurt your tank at all and Mk IIs are very weak. It may take mutliple penetrations with a 20mm to knock out a tank. However, I have seen a situation similar to what you're describing where a tank just would not die for anything. So, there may be some bug in this but this is an extremely RARE case.

I think the armor modeling is damn good, it may need some tweaks but it's damn good. I suggest you play more than two battles and then come back and post.

• 2 weeks later...