Screen flicker

As long as I move camera with arrow keys it is fine and also when using scroll wheel to turn camera. But if I use the mouse to move camera I get a horrible black flicker. It seems to happen just when the cursor enters and exit the screen edge. It also happens if one soldier is selected and I mouseover another soldier.

I tried with both AA on and off but no difference (got a 7800GT card)

CBR

Ok I found out what was wrong. In Options/Video I turned off "Hardware mouse cursor"

But now I got a mouse that isn't as smooth and fast as before even when turning "Mouse movement and rotation" up to max. And when rotating, the camera is way too fast now. gah :(

CBR

I have but I still dont have a cursor speed that is fast/smooth enough if I also want to control rotating camera. The hardware mouse cursor was perfect except for that flicker.

Edit: its not just in game but also in menus.

CBR

I have tried with and without dualcore. I have tried with new mouse drivers, new nvidia drivers, lowering options and even resolution and nothing helped.

Either I can play with flicker and get a headache within a few minutes or play without and get a headache from sheer frustration of how how the mouse works.

I just dont understand it. I dont have a problem in other games so why in this?

CBR

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old post, but I'm also experiencing the same screen flicker problem. It seems to be related to water rendering, as it only occurs when areas of water (rivers, lakes) are on screen. (Changing the water quality setting has no effect) It also only occurs during missions, not the menu screen or encyclopedia.

I already have video hardware acceleration set to full, and have set the game resolution and refresh rate to the same as my Windows desktop (1024x768, 70hz) - also have tried turning on vsynch, disabling dual core and reducing graphics detail in the TOW options, etc. - none have any effect.

The only fix I've found for this problem is to run the game in windowed mode (edit ww.ini and change fullscreen=true to =false). This seems to slightly reduce performance, and the blue bar at the top is slightly annoying, but at least the flicker is gone.