How important is having a fast cpu for this game or games like this

sargemy

Hey,

so just some thoughts and questions.

Currently, I struggle to run this game at 1280x800 more than 20 fps...

I have a Geforce Go 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3.

A t5600 core 2 duo at 1.83 GHz.

(this a toshiba p100-st9752 notebook)

I have run this game on a desktop before with AMD X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz) and a 7600 GT 256 GDDR3. Both computers have 2 GB system RAM. On the desktop, TOW runs smoothly, even with multiple units on during a battle.

Don't know what is going on, but I believe my current notebook is actually slightly more powerful. But for some reason it runs TOW slow, and also even simulates turns for CMBB slower than the desktop.

any input appreciated.

thanks

my notebook is config. like a desktop, always plugged in, not power savings, etc.

my question is i guess that whether it is worth it to upgrade the cpu to something like 2.16 or 2.33 core 2 duo. would i see a good improvement playing ToW. b/c right now, the games can get very laggy :(

but of course, on new egg, i think the 2.33 core 2 duo costs like $430!!

No matter what the numbers say, laptops rarely perform as well as desktops, especially for 3d gaming. Laptop CPU's are different because they are designed for low power usage and thusly low heat output. Both of these factors are neccessary for battery life and proper thermal control.

I don´t know if you have noticed that the core 2 cpu in your notebook is actualy better than the AMD in your desktop.

Changing the cpu in the notebook is a waste of time and money.

I would try to get better drivers for the notebook graphic card. The graphic cards in notebooks are usualy factory dongraded to save power.