I still like CMBB over TOW

huhr

What's the point of this thread, anyway? Apart from the fact that it emphasizes the attitude most gamers of today in my opinion have: They want a new game to be exactly like one they already have, but, please, so much better. And even if they would get a game like it, they'd still complain.

Why is that? Has any of the developers told us that this game would be like CMBB, but so much better? Is it that our expectations that cannot be satisfied (if we ever really want it, that is)? Or is it that we just want to complain about something, no matter how meaningless and out of place it might be? Or is it that we just don't care to look?

Poor gaming community, that's all I'm gonna say. We have indeed come a far way - and not for the better...

TOW is more like Soldiers Heros of WWII than CM/CMBB.

The trick with TOW is not to play it like CM/CMBB or most other RTS game, else you'll lose.

I think the upcomming patch with the new LOS/LOS and better fog of war rules will improve the game!

Originally posted by Tartari:

TOW is the best -realistic- totally 3D game ever!

If you forget about AI and infatry behaviour, that is. ;)

Still, I like ToW a lot, more than CM series with the possible exception of CMSF, although I like them all.

I would like that ToW had better and not-so-scripted AI, better scenario design that would not just make the game harder by making the player face absurd odds instead of challenging tactical AI, and paid more attention to infantry squad combat and behaviour, and not use them as a condiment to the main course that is AFV combat. But well, nobody's perfect. And I'm very excited about the patch and the addon because it seems that they will work on the issues that I worry about, so hopefully I will like the game a bit more in a few months smile.gif