Is this game still rubbish?

sonar

It was never rubbish, just needed fleshing out a little. That's coming with the new 1gb+ patch due imminently, which amongst a lot of other things, contains LOS recalculations and a tool to check this.

Enterable buildings and other much requested features are due to been released in a planned addon.

I feel that putting in a LOS tool is a bad idea. For me, the best way to determine wether there is a line of sight is to move around untill ones' own start firing or are fired upon. Adds to the drama.

On it's own the game has no issues, only those that people invent for it.

Originally posted by PFMM:

On it's own the game has no issues, only those that people invent for it.

Yeah and Battlecruiser 3000AD had no flaws in it either? I think you are living in a dream world if you truly think that there are no issues. PFMM that probably means that you will not be downloading the new patch because there are no flaws in the game right now?

It is sheer arrogance to think that people are "inventing" things wrong with the game. You cannot be serious?

Of course the game had (has!) issues. You only had to have followed the Russian version to the US/EU to see the the steps its taken to get this far (and its still not fully polished imo)

Its a great concept, and even in its basic form playable but not quite there yet.

I really hoping that this latest patch puts the game back on track to being a classic.

I flanked the enemy with my tank, it was an advancing mission for the AI. During my flank I came across advancing infantry. I stopped and starting picking them off one by one. They kept walking toward me, never looked for cover, never tried to return anti-tank fire. I stopped firing at them just to see what they would do. They walked right on by me without flinching. I mean they literally walked in front of my tank.

Until this fix this kind of rubbish, the game is unplayable. A common battlefied tactic like this should be countered with enemy tanks coming in and infantry looking and diving for cover.

The AI is so scripted it cannot even cope with a simple flanking manuever.

Originally posted by fscott55:

I flanked the enemy with my tank, it was an advancing mission for the AI. During my flank I came across advancing infantry. I stopped and starting picking them off one by one. They kept walking toward me, never looked for cover, never tried to return anti-tank fire. I stopped firing at them just to see what they would do. They walked right on by me without flinching. I mean they literally walked in front of my tank.

Until this fix this kind of rubbish, the game is unplayable. A common battlefied tactic like this should be countered with enemy tanks coming in and infantry looking and diving for cover.

The AI is so scripted it cannot even cope with a simple flanking manuever.

Thats bad scripting then. Only movement is scripted. Unit AI is still dynamic, such as individual shooting. The scripter probably had the hold fire engaged and a movement to point B. Still the unit AI should be a little smarter and halt the script and go into some kind of reaction mode until the threat moves away.