changing my mind on TOW

seppDieter

i was part of those that were really disappointed by TOW when the demo came out.

i found the game to be uncontrollable, and feeling like a spectator of dumb AI combats.

that was when i had my old pc, on wich TOW did nt run verry well and was verry laggy, even at minimum settings.

now that i have a new pc that can run about any new game, i decided to give the demo another try. and i must say it is completely different now, with the max settings and verry smooth camera movement. i can now enjoy the nice graphics and give orders. and basically have fun.

now i was wondering, because i have been away from this site since several months, has the game changed or improved? especially the infantry part of the game still bothers me, it deserves a bigger role in the gameplay. right now i can do all the demo battles without really using infantry...

this time i am really thinking of buying the game.

Well I think its worth buying this game, but if I was you, I would try and buy it in Germany, course then you get an extra campaign called 'Panzer Lehr', whitch is not available for others outside the German empire:)The only negative feature of the game is a very boring landscape, allways the same settings, and no entrance in buildings; a real piss off!!; even Close Combat had building acces..And there's allways BLITZKRIEG for the real fun!!

enterable buildings are planned for the new patch - and currently in testing as far as I understand.

Infantry do play a smaller role in this game, but I believe when the next patch comes out we see a bi of a shift.

like it you will... buy it you must

actually no, intering building is forhte add-on.. pay add on, and yes the game has improved slightly buy the first patch.. and soon, days?? a second.

the features we all seem to want will be released sometime next year, per the mod here from the development side of things..

I also would recommend the editor, lots of easy changes without havingto do the complicated stuff..

After a bit more than a week with the full game I have to say that it grows on me.

Certainly not as bad as many made it. Requires a slightly different gameplay down low than other titles IMHO.

Of course there are still some annoyances, these have all been written about in the past.

There was a first patch in summer which improved gameplay somewhat. We are also promised at least another patch but its been so for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...

You'll have fun with Tow. Its a joy to watch and play. Its replayability is hampered by the scripting, but the first go round is fun.

LOL, found myself playing a second time saying "OK this is when the reinforcements show up, yep the air strike occurs now...and I've reached the trenches so here comes the armoured counter attack"... that gets tedious.

"Its replayability is hampered by the scripting, but the first go round is fun."

Agreed, there is however a RND or Randomise command in the scripting. With a fair bit more work from the mission builders, things could become a little more interesting as far as replayability of battles is concerned.

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

I moved on to CODIVMW!

Good Luck with TOW!

Thanks. Did you complete the SP Campaign yet? I finished it last week. Only took a few hours on and off to complete, but what there was, was quite cinematic and fun. If you can call a mindless FPS on rails "fun", that is. Good luck smile.gif