German version of Theatre of War

Txema

Battlefront.com and Kalypso Media are thrilled to announce that the German version of Theatre of War by 1C Company (makers of IL-2 Sturmovik) is going to be available in stores in Germany, Austria & Switzerland on October 25th, 2007. The German special retail edition is going to feature a completely new and never before published German campaign ("Panzer Lehr") as well as a number of improvements and additional features.

What improvements and additional features are you speaking about? When will they and the "Panzer Lehr" campiagn be available for us??

Txema

Possibly included in the next patch... or will this be a "please give us more of your money" add on

A Panzer Lehr campaign woudl be outstanding, no offence to the devs, but the russian campaign isnt my cup of tea really.

I would really like to see a better british, or american campaign too... not just bundled together and called allies

It would be nice, if we could get an official reply to the question whether we have different localized versions that aren't compatible online.

I've the German version and would like to play against a friend who has bought the English download version. When is the patch released so that I can play with him? If the German version already has the patch included (as it seems) then there surely is no reason to delay the MP patch for all?

Cheers,

Ras

[ October 29, 2007, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Ras ]

I guess Battlefront and Kalypso Media have either different quality standards with Battlefront having a higher standard - therefore they are delaying the patch and want additional work on it.... Then Battlefront are the good guys.

OR: Battlefront and Kalypso Media have different resources for their quality control of the patch with Battlefront having less resources - therefore they are delaying the patch because they have not cleared it yet....Then Battlefront are the bad guys.

Now make your guess ;)

Uwe

• 2 weeks later...