Creating Mission (Unit size limit)?

Petteerr

Hi,

Try to create a mission and i like to put as many units(detachments-tanks-artillery) as possible.I have noticed that when too many units (groups) exist on mission editor when later you try to run this mission it crashes to desktop!

When redusing the size i can play the mission,so my question is does anybody know what is the size limit of creating a scenario with many units at first??

I dont think its matter of pc because it crashes to desktop no chance to run and test the frames!

It is a pathfinder's limitation. You cannot have more than 255 active (non-sleeping) and free (not-belonging-to-crew) units simultaneously in the mission.

[ May 21, 2007, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: dmg ]

To be honest I don't think it is a good idea to have more units.

I used to think it was. I wanted to see massive battles.

The thing is that the nature of this game requires that for you to be successful you need to do quite a bit of micromanaging. Part of the fun of playing it.

With so many troops around it gets almost impossible and to a certain point boring.

Also, right now the game already requires A LOT of CPU power. If you add bigger maps they at least are going to take more RAM. Add more units and where is it going to find the CPU to run this beast? Honestly I don't think it is viable unless 1C finds a way of optimizing the code.

There is always all those "what if" questions. Funny thing is, suppose you wanna do it. Where do you stop. How many troops? 500? 1000? How big the map 10k X 10k ? Bigger?

Someone will always be wondering about something bigger!!! :D

I know I do!!!!! :rolleyes:

--

[ May 22, 2007, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

I didnt meant to make Campaign with huge maps and thousands units,etc(even if i dont find it such a bad idea,lol).

Iam just saying that for those who would like to create massive battles(mission editor) wouldnt be so bad to change that limitation!