Announcing the YouTube Video Contest! Win A Trip to Moscow or $1500 Bucks!!!

Moon

Actually I had something in mind for the contest. An Outtake from the France video, if you want to call it like that. But since I`m still busy with the third part, the contest video has to wait. And then there`s another part and after that still another and ...probably I won`t make it until August 7th. :)

...it really would put a huge grin on my face, if the situation doesn`t change until that day. :)

Slapaho lead the way!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon

in the process of making some, trying to get the best views of tanks on move firing etc, just got to give the in graphics there credit,

INF are a bit tricky when on move, think I've got hang of it now so hopefully will be posting.

My system does show considerable slow down when using video capture down to 5 -10 fps still ok but i'm making a story of different battles anyway we will see how it comes out.

Trip or cash, it's a gr8 Idea, How about fitting in a tank museum as well

THX for the game

Good gaming

[ May 18, 2007, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: you1 ]

Normal Dude,

Sounds GR8 ,always like the individual touch, Kelly’s heroes always goes good with a tank video, How do you include a orchestral piece, I'm always interested to move to the next level

Good Gaming or is it good movie making

ng

• 2 weeks later...

ahhh nice contest hehe I wish to participate, but I live in Brazil =\ to far away from russia, But will be a honor to meet a such great 1C studio.

Im a 3d designer also hehehe are you hiring? tongue.gif hehehe just kidding!

cya mates!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People have had their videos accepted with copyrighted music. Given I had to remove one of my videos from the competition because of this (not that it was in the running for winning smile.gif but I went to the trouble of requesting permission, though it was denied ) it seems odd now that videos are allowed with music and I am assuming they have not got approval (given that the reasons the music I had are pretty much applicable right across the music industry in terms of ownership, licences and territorial copyright, not to mention advertising and product endorsement issues) for the use of the music, apologies if they have. I happen to prefer the videos with music (not everyone does) but thats not the point - I also think DelaVega has won (deservedly so) but some consistency in adding videos please BFC, there is a lot of effort that goes into them.

Today is 7th August - will there be an announcement today?

Nice to see some great videos were posted - well done everyone who put the effort in, whether you won or not, I enjoyed watching all the videos.

I want to make an MP video next, dont know what effect it will have on gameplay though - need some volunteers to find out smile.gif

Coincidentally I just have seen that the contest had been extended to the 1st Sept. ??????

Why there wasn`t a real announcement of that? Or have I missed something?

My last video took around 100 hours to finish and as I said before I only had 8 days assuming that the 1st August would be the deadline as written in the contest channel. With that amount of hours spending on the video and yet a few days of regular work it`s easy to imagine how many hours I slept during the making. Of course (if possible at all) I wanted to keep that deadline and added a few extra hours just to finish and upload it in time.

And now I have to realize that all the hurry and overtime was in vain?

I really could have needed a little extra time, not just for some decent voice recordings.

I could have understood, if the time was extended on people`s demand, because they still needed one or two days to polish their video. But then please with an appropriate announcement, not just changing three words in the contest channel (here, in the forum, it`s still the 7th August).

This way it`s not very satisfying.

your right!!!

On the youtube group it says

The contest is going to run from today for a period of four months, September 1st, 2007.
It hasnt been changed on the post yet but that is disgraceful!!

Especially as people like you rushed to get it finished in time.

The only reason I can think of them doing this is that they are releasing something of some description and and extending it so people can use teh upgrades to make better videos.

Thats my view but i doubt they will tell us why?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...