How do bushes affect LOS?

someone

I haven't looked to close into this LOS complaints yet. But tank vs tank I got the full color icon which means I can see him. At eye level I couldn't actually see it with one tree and bush in the way. I moved the camera up just enough and could see the tank.

However my tank fired and killed him even tho *I* couldn't see it at eye level.

I don't know about all the reports of rows of trees people are saying doesn't obstruct los but I can tell you this from zillions of wargames...tanks can fire through trees. They can fire at each other in the same woods...to a point.It's not like a thick forest 100 meters deep.

Go out an look at some light woods with a few trees and bushes. Picture a large tank silohette. You will see it.

Now getting down at eye level from a purely graphic point of view you might not see it but that doesn't mean the actual tank crew doesn't. You can see through leaves (which block us graphic wise) and even tree trunks are not an obstruction...unless your talking about a bunch in depth.

Whether this is their intention or not I don't know but it may well be. If accurate, they are saying you have a los with a colored icon...I believe they also it might be somewhat degraded in some cases.

But this tank did not need to move foward past the tree line to shoot and kill even though graphically I couldn't see the actual tank unless I moved the camera foward a few feet.

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

whaco,

did you pre-order without playing the demo first?

(Just trying to confirm a theory of mine!)

Best regards,

Thomm

Yes old friend I did indeed. I am still hoping for a patch to fix a few of these issues and have not given up on the game. That being said, my only excuse is I sort of figured BF (based on there reputation) would not be involved in a WW2 game that didn't have some sort of realistic LOS. Your theory is confirmed and I have no one to blame but myself for not playing the demo first. ;)

Originally posted by chanss:

Yes I also think they cheated on the bushes, they dont seem to affect LOS at all. I am not sure though.

OOPS....my bad, I was wrong here. Been playing some more, and the LOS seems to work just fine as far as i can figure. As a matter of fact better than many other games, as LOS in this game degrades the hit chance, its not just a ON or OFF thing.

Originally posted by Destraex:

it would be nice if Fil could advise if the patch being worked on will really resolve this

I don't care what factors are in the calculations, LOS is often the hardest thing, not the easiest in war even with a clear LOS

Agreed.

I totally agree, AI is "cheating" and it's annoying. (usually it knows exactly where your men are)

Wether I have men crawling behind bushes or tank hidden behind hills and tons of trees they still get spotted. (I don't see the ennemy when I go first person)

Originally posted by SA_Avenger:

I totally agree, AI is "cheating" and it's annoying. (usually it knows exactly where your men are)

Wether I have men crawling behind bushes or tank hidden behind hills and tons of trees they still get spotted. (I don't see the ennemy when I go first person)

Thats because your men has too low scouting skill. Try and move about with a sniper that has 100% at scouting, you will be nearly invicible.

Totally true, and it's a game destroying debacle.

Originally posted by chanss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SA_Avenger:

Thats because your men has too low scouting skill. Try and move about with a sniper that has 100% at scouting, you will be nearly invicible. </font>

I tried the first mission in the German campaign, and actually laughed out loud as a gang of weird little Polish tanks chased down every last surviving tank-crew at different points all over the map. Didn't matter where the individual crewmen were, it was like they were wearing radio beacons and firing flares. :D

I'm laughing, but this game shouldn't be about farcical comedy. :(

I just finished that mission, my arty i used to take out infantry ATR and artillery on the hills. I looked for all the gun skilled infantry and manned all the abandoned Polish guns.

THose little polish tankette buggers have a small footprint and the german early war tanks with green crews not that great.

My MKIV did wonders at long range as long as I kept the 2 75mm cannons at bay.

I totally agree with what you are saying SA_Avenger. Not to sound condescending, but maybe we have missed something here. To be fair, it is quite possible that this game was dummied down on purpose and LOS, LOF issues were implemented this way for more mass appeal from the C&C, Warcraft, Dune gamers. :eek:

Originally posted by BillyBob:

I tried the first mission in the German campaign, and actually laughed out loud as a gang of weird little Polish tanks chased down every last surviving tank-crew at different points all over the map. Didn't matter where the individual crewmen were, it was like they were wearing radio beacons and firing flares. :D

I'm laughing, but this game shouldn't be about farcical comedy. :(

Actualy ever tried to have your men lying down on the ground................? INF running around on a field = KIA, INF prone = alive, nothing strange, really easy