Ending Battles?

Speedy

How do you withdraw from battle.

I am currently playing the Dunkirk battle and I have 2 tanks left the French have 3 and we are all out of ammo. The battle just keeps going, I even left it running while I drove to my mums house to change the tyre on her car and when I came back it was still running with everyone just sitting in their tanks!

Then when I hit escape and end battle it stops it but when I go back to the campaign I have to replay the same f'ing mission.

I thought we were supposed to be able to keep going even when we fail a mission?

This game is looking worse the more I play it and it didn't look good to start with.

Then when I hit escape and end battle it stops it but when I go back to the campaign I have to replay the same f'ing mission.
There's an option in the Options menu you can check, it says ignore losses and then you'll go through when you've finished the battle, you won't have to start again. But keep in mind if you had severe losses you'll be quite f***** up for the following missions ... :D

Speedy, I agree absolutely with you, big dissapointment is the overall rate for the game.

BATTLEFRONT AND 1C MATES !!!: :eek:

This game seriously needs a big and good patch to correct all the bugs all people is writing down here in the forums and to add a few features everyone think are necessary as the map editor, purchase option for multiplayer, multiplayer chat feature, etc ... and what would be gaining TOW players for Battlefront forever is developing QB for the game, but in this same patch not as a pay another 45$ and get it, cause or I'm really wrong or if BF and 1C don't correct TOW seriously and leave it as is, they'll find out people won't be blind buying BF products just for the brand, as I bet a lot of people did, one thing it was almost an insurance of quality when we talk about strategy games. NOT TOW, I'm sorry.

If TOW only had the same development team will as IL-2 with lots of patches !!!!! :(

Now I think you have the chance to save the quality of the product you were looking for, but you would have to listen to the customers even if you like what they say or not. Don't you think it would be nicer for everyone to hear nice things about the game all the time??, well If you don't there's a point for that, that's for sure ... :confused:

While I wait for this patch (If they decide to listen the players, but I seriously doubt it), I'll go back to my beloved CM saga ...

Regards!!!

[ April 22, 2007, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: KeBrAnTo ]

I had the exact same problem. Tank crews glaring at each other after killing all infantry around. I even hunted down and squished all the bailed out enemy tank crews.

I tried ramming them but it didn't seem to make much difference.

I agree with you.

Can Battlefront.com and 1C just look at Panzer General 2 brilliant campaign. You can lose, you can get minor victory and major and all those get you to some other missions. Just an idea.

Missions are too hard - maybe to make ultra donkey mode for us morons :D or make available points through the missions so that my forces are not outnumbered too much, basically you need to end each mission very good if you don't want to get slaughtered in another. Hmmm... I see there many frustration as some can get really weak in the middle of campaign and just couldn't go on. pufff all playing gone.

I have praised the game but I already see sloppy and lazy Russian developers trademark like in Heroes 5 that is done by Nival. In Heroes 5 they will make gorgeus graphics and then forget to include small feature from Heroes 3 when you choose starting Hero that you can right click on Heroes and see their speciality. No, here you must know all of them.

Dunkirk mission freezes for me. Later on it have messed my Mozilla shortcut of couse when I shut down PC because soft reset didn't worked. And each time PC freezes and after restart refresh rate of Monitor is 60Hz and it was 100Hz. Strange!!! Maybe is this for technical support forum.

I really do hope that many flaws will be addressed in the game now that is released.

And I've heard that later on German campaign missions are also very hard, so there are many T-34 and KV-1's... well I don't know how German have come to Moscow then.

This game is about small scale engagement. There shoudn't be too much T-34 in 1941. or KV. Russians employed them in dribblets one or two at max. But Germans there were in bigger numbers and not outnumbered. I don't mind if muissions are hard but they don't need to be very hard to get's in the way of playing or enjoyment of the game. Challenge is OK but I see already some silly things like three rows of Anti tank guns in Dunkirk mission. Oh my God if French were so smart then Paris would not have been won in 1940.

I stopped playing last night as PC froze when I tried to load Dunkirk scenario. This patch that address this problem of lock ups is 1st priority.

The other priority is to try to explain Russian designers and programmers that some things MUST be in the game. If feature needs works then make them do it. If some part of interface needs small work - MAKE THEM DO IT. If camera needs tweaking make them do it. Say to them that Heroes 5 has nice camera, you do all with mouse! you don't need numeric pad! Why it is hard to make this as a option?

And so on - I don't ask for big stuff. I don't care for infantry entering building but game needs many small things to get fixed. Sorry for big post.

i agree with kebren and my experience over the last 15 years of computer games is that at times a game will be released "Sort of finished" and then they will wait for all the complaints and then release a patch and guess what We do all the beta testing. I mean even with the camera controls, why recreate the "Wheel" The controls from the Combat Mission games was perfect, easy to rotate, zoom by key stroke and all that, why change everything? They should have also realized that most of the purchasers would be hard core gamers. Trust me, I play Battlefield 2 quite often and I ask players on teamspeak if they ever played battlefront games and all of them say "NO" They have no clue they exist. Why? This is for the serious gamer and most of us want realistic as best as possible computer opponent and less of the eye candy. The graphics can always be tweaked but its really the AI competition.