Tank reverse movement ?

JG53_Jaguar

Guest Panzer Boxb

You want to use the Retreat order to have a vehicle back up. However, based upon the demo, that does not appear to work all the time.

Guest Panzer Boxb

Seeing as how the scenario file is an easily editable text file, I would be interested in running some test cases with the retreat command and how well it works based upon the skill level of the driver.

Retreat doesn't seem to work only when my crew is about to pee in it's pants, or the terrain is a pain... the two time i really need it to work...

I'm more angry at my tank constanly trying to move by itself and get itself killed... Can't wait till we can work on some elite crews.

"Reverse" via the retreat command doesn't appear to work consistantly.

Something else that needs to be looked at is the willingness of AFV to rotate in the direction of crews that have routed off the playable portion of the map. That sort of influence needs to be turned off. Likewise, there's no need for AFV to rotate hull toward infantry that's over a hundred yards away.

PoE

As above use the retreat order, but your AFV won't start to reverse if you've forgot to cancel the hold poistion order, lost a panther like this,

You could here me screaming "reverse you sucker,reverse" nope just sat there been hit again and again,Then noticed the hold order was still on, don't know if this is a bug,

but sometimes you change order but it dosn't respone until you've canceled a pervious order

could be wrong??.

It's been said to leave the AI to control ,this might be best in battle conditions, or is it I'm unwilling to do this because of past games,

I'm getting more used to how to play this now,still think it needs patching

good gaming