My thoughts about the game so far...

devildog0514

Its Awesome!

Battles are highly detailed. Watchin Incoming Tank rounds ping of the Armour of the Panther is awesome. Then watchin the Panther turn its turret and fire back.. Boom Russian T34 went up in flames.

Iv found the game to be hard.. But thats what makes it fun. Enemy Tanks try to flank.. Id say its safe to say that to play this game you need some sort of Knowledge of real world tactics..

It definitely seems like a very good game. The camera, although adjustable in settings, seems a little funky at first and takes a little to get used too. Nothing major though, and overall the demo has been a lot of fun thus far! Looking forward to spending some time with ToW.

/Big thumbs up!

My thoughts are that it seems like it could be fun, but the sounds are weak!! I dunno what it is, but nothing feels "alive". The guns sound pansy, the AT guns don't recoil, the tanks don't have any response to the physics of a shell being blasted out of the turret.The men kinda jog along without a care.

I mean, I know it's strange, but I found myself just kinda sitting there, with a nonchalant look on my face not really caring that an AT gun is shooting at my snipers, or that my tank is being attacked. My troops kinda lacked personality too...they just shouted back at me, and then went about firing like they were watching the football game in the other room at Thanksgiving while the wife talked about sewing class.

I'll give it a bit more of a work over and then come back here and let you know what I think no matter if you care or not! tongue.gif

play this game you need some sort of Knowledge of real world tactics.

My I refer you to US Army FM 17-10

A properly placed gun wouldn't,

Always say never, but never say always. I don't think a bouncing gun should be a priority addition, but just to talk about something other than the the demo, properly placed guns can and will jump a bit, depending on the powder charge, angle of the bbl, ground surface, etc. Most carriage based howitzers have to be recalibrated every few dozen rounds or so to stay certified in the grid. 6" differnce at the bbl could be a 50m differnce on target, if the bbl angle is high enough. JFYI, cheers

[ April 18, 2007, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Silverswift ]

Im loving the game in fact I even find it even more fun especialy when I can pick the ammo and fire the grenades also.

Is there smoke for cover?

I find the mouse a little hard to get used too.

The load time though 1:15 seconds alittle to long to load. Think that needs tweeking.

Sound, they sound a little muffeled.

Originally posted by devildog0514:

Its Awesome!

Battles are highly detailed. Watchin Incoming Tank rounds ping of the Armour of the Panther is awesome. Then watchin the Panther turn its turret and fire back.. Boom Russian T34 went up in flames.

Iv found the game to be hard.. But thats what makes it fun. Enemy Tanks try to flank.. Id say its safe to say that to play this game you need some sort of Knowledge of real world tactics..

thanks for the feedback. can't wait to play it this weekend!! :D