Download Download Download Download Download Download

Gface

Ok, I'm officially losin' it! I am obssessed with getting this game. I don't know how you hard core followers have been able to do it. Yeah, I have watched the progression of the game through the years; but I never thought it would happen. (I regularly peruse and surf a lot of online game previews/reviews, subscribe to a couple of PC game magazines, etc. and checked into battlefront occasionally as I have the CM games). I LOVE WWII games and I want to play this one-BAD. Might as well hook an intravenous to me as I can't seem to stay away from the computer screen because I'm checking for the D/L. Soon enough, it will be,"Farewell, wife and kids...Dad is going off to War" ...Again...

Originally posted by longbore:

Indeed, they will have to release the DL soon or the entire point of buying the game early on "faith basis" will have been lost... We would be less likely to pre-purchase in the future let alone buy...

Amen to that one!

I mean really what would be the point of pre-ordering.

himmelstoss

[ April 06, 2007, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: himmelstoss ]

You guys realize the official release date is April 19, right? That's still 13 days away. Moon stated long ago that preorders would be opened up "before the official release date". He even went on to elaborate that preorders would likely be "a few days" before official release.

I want this game as bad as anyone, and have placed my order like many of you. But to condemn BF or any other company (and threaten to be 'less likely to preorder or buy in the future') when you're not even giving them a chance to act on their promises is just ludicrous.

Originally posted by iplaygames2:

.is just ludicrous.

jeeez, relax would ya. :rolleyes:

thats not the point. the point is simply that some of us dont see any reason to pre-order any game if there is no perk in it (of lets say a week earlyer or somthing,lol ;) )

anyhwho...bla...bla...bla tongue.gif

himmelstoss

Originally posted by himmelstoss:

thats not the point. the point is simply that some of us dont see any reason to pre-order any game if there is no perk in it (of lets say a week earlyer or somthing,lol ;) )

himmelstoss

himmelstoss, you get already $10 off of the full price. That is quite a perk. Battlefront offers more than 18% discount. That is by far more than what you will get somewhere else out there.... with the exception of some overpriced cars maybe.

And with Moons statement that preorders will open a few days, not weeks earlier, it is pretty clear what to expect. I expect preorders to open between 3 and 8 days before the 19th April - but this only my own speculation.

Would I love to have the game now on the long easter weekend? Without a doubt. But there are 2 companys on the other side of the table who have to feed families with their profits - so they have to look how to make the best compromise between pleasing some freaky people like us, their customers, and making the best sales out of it.

Uwe

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

himmelstoss, you get already $10 off of the full price. That is quite a perk. Battlefront offers more than 18% discount. That is by far more than what you will get somewhere else out there.... with the exception of some overpriced cars maybe.

Uwe [/QB]

I agree. I'll get both the digital download and the boxed version for 56$(including spedition costs), the same price (+1$) I would pay for the boxed version alone after release. That's was my main motivation to pre-order.

That said, I think we should all relax a bit. I think Himmelstoss was just kidding. We're talking about games so keep the appropriate tone everybody.

Filippo

Who cares by now. Beginning to wish I never preordered the dam thing. I'm bored with the videos and pictures, gameplay discussions mere mention of TOW this old revamped game and my interests are elsewhere now and in other games.

Galactic civilizations II Dark Avatar's stardock allowed preorder customers to download a couple weeks before the game hit the shelf-that's what I call taking care of your fan base.

If its ready-and it dam well should be by now!..(uhum excuse me) :mad: - what's the prolonged hold up? some kind of sales strategy?

Moon, or Madmat when asked how soon the demo would be available for download said it would be right before the full game download which would be in a matter of "several days not weeks" and this he said two weeks ago right after the announcement.

What's the point in preordering when you're only going to get it a few days before the release?

I'll never do that again here. I'll wait for some professional reviews and forum opinions.

I've got to admit nevertheless though I am looking foreword to CCSF more than any game I've seen or heard about in the past couple years, and there's a lot of them on my most wanted list. I guess that's why I was eager to get this game even though I knew they wouldn't have that much in common, I was thinking at least it would be released in due time. But the release for CCSF might as well be never. Its just a hypothetical dream game.

For it is harder for Battlefront to complete and release a game than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. :rolleyes:

We (those that have preordered both versions [digital DL and DVD]) spent money up front for a game engine thats (IL Sturmovik game engine came out in 2001?) not brand spanking new by any strech of the imagination but would like to have it before everyone else does, so to speak. Thats an incentive that all publishers use to "hook" the audience into purchasing. If the DL version is only opened up a week before the game is delivered then I think next time Ill wait for the demo. Yes, we all know Battlefront will release when they feel like it but dont make the preorder folks look ridiculous.

Originally posted by FaxisAxis:

What's the point in preordering when you're only going to get it a few days before the release?

Are you serious? We were told from the start that preorders would be opened up "earlier than the regular orders". Where in there do you read it would be "weeks" earlier? :confused: As if that wasn't enough, we were also told the demo would be released "around the same time as the full game opened up".

Again, where in there is the confusing part? :confused:

If you're regretting your preorder, based on some photos and an admittedly silly intro movie, then maybe you need to contact them about cancelling your order. Then you can wind up paying $55 for the stuff you already had for $45. I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking an extra $10 from you. Better yet, just send me $10.

Lol, are you guys for real?

The experiences I had so far with pre-order is that you usually get it just a few days before the store release (read 1 or 2 days).

Not weeks before or something, and i think that is perfectly normal, release it any earlier and big chance a pirated copy reaches people before a store version can.

Iplaygames2, you and some of the rest of you need to go back to about two weeks and read some of the messages in this forum. It was said and I'm not going to find it for you. Are you serious? That you don't mind waiting that long for a game you you have waited long enough for and preordered Also, weather or not you want to believe it Stardock did in fact allow downloads a week or two before the release. But as moon said they can't release it any earlier and for what ever reason if they can't they can't and so if that's the case I guess I can't hold it against BF either. But I'm not a happy customer either.

And for the blind, sucking fanboy who doesn't even know what is going on think a little before you call someone ignorant; you have just proven your own ignorance ask yourself what the point in a preorder is when you aren't going to get it anytime sooner than the released date.

Unfortunitly game forums in general bring out a lot know- it -all- punks; seems we have a lot of know it all twenty something year olds these days who are wrong most the time and really know nothing. Parent and teachers of today make you proud fools. You're right Johnny, because you my kid and your American. You're always right and you know everything do and say whatever stupid things you want to.

Originally posted by longbore:

We (those that have preordered both versions [digital DL and DVD]) spent money up front for a game engine thats (IL Sturmovik game engine came out in 2001?) not brand spanking new by any strech of the imagination but would like to have it before everyone else does, so to speak.

I want it all and I want it now. And I want it free and I want chocolate icecream with it.

Thanks.

Thats an incentive that all publishers use to "hook" the audience into purchasing. If the DL version is only opened up a week before the game is delivered then I think next time Ill wait for the demo.

please do so.

we'll love you even more for it.

Yes, we all know Battlefront will release when they feel like it but dont make the preorder folks look ridiculous.

look at me... I'm laughing hard... laughing at you.

;)

Yeah, the demo download will be released around the same time as the download for the game?? for those who preordered (??) I don't understand why? What's the point and they make it sound like we will get an early sample of it through a demo we can download. That's what we get for preordering, might as well wait a moment longer and just download the full game when it is practically in the store

Are you serious? That you don't mind waiting that long for a game you you have waited long enough for and preordered (...)

And for the blind, sucking fanboy (...)

Parent and teachers of today make you proud fools. You're right Johnny, because you my kid and your American. You're always right and you know everything do and say whatever stupid things you want to.

Come on! Stop behaving like that! We are talking about a game! I've pre-ordered 'cause I was going to save 10$ and get the game a few days earlier. To be honest saving the $10 was main objective. Stay calm, you will get your game in a few days. Probably just a week. That's not much time, is it? And you have paid 10$ less than ordinary customers. Nice, isn't it?

Filippo

Yeah, the demo download will be released around the same time as the download for the game?? for those who preordered (??) I don't understand why? What's the point ... That's what we we get for preordering, might as well wait a moment longer and just download the full game when it is practically in the store

What do you mean "WE". Dont count me in your angry world. And the "point" is , for me, to give them my money as soon as i can to reward them for even taking this old game on and delivering it, with a discount!.

I think the your point is on your head....

Wow, what's the commotion all about? Pre-orders will open for download a few days before regular orders, and the demo will be release around the time that the game is released. That's been said from day one and it hasn't changed.

Martin