Hello All !

hunterandhunted

Too bad they did not integrate the two games as was rummored back in the beginning. Any of you guys remember hearing this? I realize that that TOW is a strategy title, but it still seems like it would have been cool to fly CAp or tankbusting missions in TOW with the aircraft form Il-2.

Hi Hpt. Lisse - I would assume that the Il2 engine as a flight sim engine is more CPU limited. There is a lot of background CPU calculation going on in a flight sim (flight physics to mention the biggest one). Therefore the GPU limitions (e.g. textures) are less of an issue with open skys.

Now when you take the same engine and put it into action with the relation between CPU calculation and GPU calculation changed (I just assume here that with a ground combat "simulation" this relation changes) you would get new numbers. You just have way more 3d objects close by, way more textures, no flight model (at least not as detailed) and similar damage model and AI tasks.

All this to say that the result we could get from the experienced Il2 players is probably not saying too much about the requirements of ToW - but at least it could be a hint.....

And by the way - I just bought Il2 1946 and I am just waiting for my new PC to be shipped to me to try it.

Uwe

I warn you, IL2 1946 can be a pain to run under Vista, while some people have gotten it to run, I still have not had a successful install. Yeah, I know NOT to run the setup, you have to run the command a, but once installed it still will not run. *Sigh*

Rune

[ March 27, 2007, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: rune ]

Thanks Rune for the setup infor, I heard of some headache of 1946 with Vista, but with owning the first Il2 Sturmovik I just could not go by the compilation of everything Il2 that I have not bought so far.....

I'll just try my luck and hope somebody will come up with a solution - or I will have spent 25€ in support of 1C and Ubisoft :rolleyes:

Uwe

Why do you install Vista so early?

At university we get it for free but lots of software isn't running on it yet. I like some features and the look but I have to work with my computer :D

And not to forget the IL2 engine was the basis, it was heavily edited.

Because I have tested every Microsoft product since Windows 3.1. I am a member of a select group that sees everything Microsoft makes. I get to pick and choose what I test. Since new computers are shipping with Vista, isn't it good to know if ToW, CMSF, SC2, etc etc work with it?

However, you are right, I don't recommend going to Vista yet, there are still problems with drivers, especially the 64 bit drivers. You have to search to find sound drivers, the Nvidia 64 bit drivers are still flaky at best, and I DARE you to find a Belkin wireless Vista driver, especially for 64bit. *Sigh*

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

I warn you, IL2 1946 can be a pain to run under Vista, while some people have gotten it to run, I still have not had a successful install. Yeah, I know NOT to run the setup, you have to run the command a, but once installed it still it will run. *Sigh*

Rune

Rune your not the only one Im haveing problems with it on xp it doesnt shut down all the way. sure all the bells and whistles turn off and your looking at the desktop, but when I looked at the task manager the il2.exe was still there whats up with that? Mcafee was goin nuts I think they through something in this game thats spy ware?

Since new computers are shipping with Vista, isn't it good to know if ToW, CMSF, SC2, etc etc work with it?
that is an argument smile.gif

I just meant, that normal unsers should better wait some time. (when it is possible, as you said new pcs=vista)