Multiplayer question

Avwriter

In multiplayer, is is posible for 2 or mroe players to fight cooperatively on the same side?

For example, could you have one player in charge of U.S. tropps, and another incharge of British troops, with both fighting together against against the Germans?

Not painful. We don't support (and never have so far) multiplayer lounges, especially not from third party sources which charge an arm and a leg for the so called priviledge of working with them. We have an opponent forum and chat room which can be used for this sort of thing.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Not painful. We don't support (and never have so far) multiplayer lounges, especially not from third party sources which charge an arm and a leg for the so called priviledge of working with them. We have an opponent forum and chat room which can be used for this sort of thing.

Martin

Wow, that's dissapointing. You can play 2vs.1, 2vs.2, and play co-op, but there's no lobby to find players besides a forum? That's a surprise considering the MP abilites. Whats the word about 1C implementing somekind of a lobby for MP in the future? Mark my words, there will be lots of people coming to the forums to complain about this, especially if it sells well.

MeatEtr, actually TOW supports up to 8 players, not just 4. You can use our forum or the CMHQ chat, or hook up via an instant messenger system, or set up a gaming club, etc. Of course lobby support is possible in the future, but not for the release version. Frankly, there were other much more pressing matters to address.

Martin

Oh yeah, 8 player MP, forgot about that, that's even better. Yeah I'm well aware of the other options to hook up with other players. But wouldn't it be great if there was a main Battlefront lobby to meet at. Not just to play ToW, but for all the BF games, CMBO, CMAK, CMBB, CMSF, and beyond. The community would love a 1-stop-shop for all things BF MP. It seems the BF fanbase will just keep growing and growing with more releases. So the demand will rise for something like this.

It just that you guys seems to have cornered the market for serious real time tactical games with what appears to be 3 great titles in CMSF, ToW and LG. If Im not mistaken you have talked about eventually enabling 2v2 for CMSF.

It would be an utter shame if you dont make MP easier to setup for such games. A lobby that has a list of players and open games, public chat and private chat with a selected group of players, and you pretty much have everything what a MP community needs.

I just hope that lobby support will be seen as something important and implemented for these potentially great games.

CBR

I think a html based ip stock exchange like this one from cdv will help alot:

http://www.cdv.de/ipboerse/ip/index.php3?page=sust2#

@Battlefront:

Is that possible to implement a ip stock exchange in case of posibility to find multiplayer games?

I can do that for you in html code! It no problem!

But it must be hosted by Battlefront to get all MP people in.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

But wouldn't it be great if there was a main Battlefront lobby to meet at. Not just to play ToW, but for all the BF games, CMBO, CMAK, CMBB, CMSF, and beyond. The community would love a 1-stop-shop for all things BF MP. It seems the BF fanbase will just keep growing and growing with more releases.

I couldn't agree more. I would love for something like this to happen, but I'm not sure the older games could handle direct connect head-to-head battles. But certainly it is something that I would love to see in the future!

There are many programs out there that gives that "lobby" support for games like this. One of them being "Hyperlobby". Although it's more of a flight sim lobby, maybe we can persuade the devs if there's more people like us. Check http://hyperfighter.sk for more info about this
HyperLobby (or just HL) is an online gaming lobby primarily designed to support online flight simulation and other online games. The client is written in Visual Basic 5.0 and the server part is in C, designed for the Linux environment. The server side of HL is not and will not be avialable for download. HL is a chat that is enhanced by game launch and other features. For communication, HL needs connection into the Internet by TCP port 1698, and for latency calculation betwen clients uses an ICMP echo reply protocol. I started the HL project in summer 2000 as an experiment to create an alternative place to fly Jane's WW2 Fighters. Due to its popularity, HL was enhanced to support more games ...
It already supports IL2...

[ April 06, 2007, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: CoolColJ ]