Mac version ?

redflag

As an veteran of CMBO, CMBB, CMAK on Mac (OS9! so I've 2 Mac, one for CM, one for OSX), I hope that TOW will be on Mac too (one can dream ...). I hate using @&*soft emulators.

Another topic: please don't forget this time cavalry, cycles, motorcycles, armored trains and if possible a realistic bridge for Arnhem.

I know that you're doing your best, but we need you to be at 200%!

Happy new year !

I believe they said no mac version for TOW.

I seem to recall there was also a chance BFC's CM:SF game might only run on Intel macs, not even OSX! (though they're not sure so I'm not sure).

I've been sitting on my hands for the past 6+ months waiting for someone to provide platform preferences on all these games before upgrading my old (mac 8.5!) computer. Maybe we're both looking at a Mircosoft Vista PC platform in our futures :(

The Mac is becoming nothing more than a Windows machine, get over it! ;)

When are you going to have a Mac version of that software? Just install and run Windows on it! :eek:

A year or so from now, nobody will be making software for the Mac.

exactly, apple is trying so hard to be compatible with the PC, there really is no point buying a mac these days.

Microsoft is a corporate black hole. Everything eventually gravitates towards it's midst, and then finally is consumed.

How can anyone compete with the richest man in the world.

I'm sorry but who cares about Apple vs Krosoft?

My question is: is there any hope to get a good tactical game about WWII on my computer?

If not, I'll be going to play again with my (old) CMx on my (old) iMac G3 (which works very well and is at least 7 years old, like my son).

There are a lot of games I can't play, and with time going on , I'm finally forget them ...

Anyway, I'm sure that the Battleground team will try to find a solution ;)

I trust you boys!

They said it was going to be released the end of January,and I for one would prefer that they spend their time working on the game and not posting in here every time someone asks the "when is it coming out" question. They already answered that.

Originally posted by Darryl60:

They said it was going to be released the end of January,and I for one would prefer that they spend their time working on the game and not posting in here every time someone asks the "when is it coming out" question. They already answered that.

Darryl, in the same instance they talked about a release candidate in the middle of December and opening pre-orders before Christmas...... With both dates going by and no word at all from Battlefront I guess that the "end-of-January" release date is obsolete too - or Battlefront has changed their pre-order policy.

Uwe

as Reichenberg said, they announced pre-order option for christmas. Christmas is over, and almost the first week in the new year. And no news at all.

Neither "hey guys, we are working hard, some problems with the new content occured but we are working on it." nor any other statement.

for me no news = bad news.

Nobody here wants that they push the game. Many of us waited for years for this game. So one or two more month don't matter. But I would like to know how things are going on, what they are working at.

Maybe another contest (art) to get over the time.

But the marketing or community support went down from 100% at the beginning to 1& now.

Originally posted by Markus86:

as Reichenberg said, they announced pre-order option for christmas. Christmas is over, and almost the first week in the new year. And no news at all.

Neither "hey guys, we are working hard, some problems with the new content occured but we are working on it." nor any other statement.

for me no news = bad news.

Nobody here wants that they push the game. Many of us waited for years for this game. So one or two more month don't matter. But I would like to know how things are going on, what they are working at.

Maybe another contest (art) to get over the time.

But the marketing or community support went down from 100% at the beginning to 1& now.

I have to apologies but i dont agree whit you on the subject where you saying that they are down 100%.Because we are still here and we still discuss or argue about this game down to details.Yes i agree that there have not been any updates and yes they have been working on this game for years but look how much that game have changed since the first announcement of this game.Im sure they are given this game as much attention as needs be because in my opinion they dont wont this game to end up like call of duty 2.So give them the time they need and let them finish it and be reasonable and patient.

Originally posted by MalcolmX:

So give them the time they need and let them finish it and be reasonable and patient.

Wasn't that exactly what Markus said???

Originally posted by Markus86:

Nobody here wants that they push the game. Many of us waited for years for this game. So one or two more month don't matter.

I have to agree with Markus on the marketing issue here. Just a little line like "We are not happy with the results yet - more news in a few weeks" would do it for me.... Just an offical statement and not an announcement with the mentioned timeline going by and no statement at all (preorder before Christmas).

As somebody working in project management, resource planning and presentation of the project results I can assure you that breaking deadlines is not the worst thing that happens - The worst thing is somebody not talking about it and letting people think everything is fine - until they find out and have to redo all their scheduling.... Not exactly the case here, but I think it is close enough.

Uwe

Fair enough, how about this statement:

We are still evaulating the changes implemented thus far and making further recommendations and changes to the code.

Due to a variety of factors, it is still not prudent to state a formal/firm release at this time.

We appreciate your patience, and when we have more to say, rest assured we will do that very thing.

Madmatt

Thank you Madmatt!

Short and sweet. Good to hear that work is proceeding and you look into the known (and the probably not known) issues of the game.

After my (so far only good) experience with your Battlefront games I can only say: Take all the time until YOU think it's done - and drop us a line now and then!

Uwe