Any Russian Reviews ??

stone75

Just wondering if any Anglo/Rus ToW player who maybe crosses forums would do his own little review of the game. If no such person exsists maybe a Dev could get somone to post an invite to review here. Would be interesting to see a non Devs opinion of the game and seeing as cant read russian is about the only way i know.

smile.gif Steve

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by votequimby:

I couldn't really figure out what they are complaining about but yeah some folks aren't happy.

Reason enough to be thankful it isn't being rushed into production here.

Can anyone speak on what the displeasure is focusing on? Possibly shortcoming BFC has identified and chosed to rectify before release? Or not?

Seems they have a few problems with the game but its hard to find a forum that has just praise these days. Some are the obvious tech difficulties. It seems some feel its a good tank V tank sim which to be honest, no enterable buildings and low inf numbers, was never going make inf that big a role. I think the general feel is it will be good when its finished, who knows maybe thats what BFC are doing, one can only hope. Shall look some more see if i cant find some positive posts.

Big thanks too Markus, babelfish is a jem.

Steve

BFC is doing nothing on the actual product they are only the publisher like 1C for russia. The english version can´t be different to the russian version because MP wouldn´t work then and need to be patched for russia. As long as they got no patch we will get the same product, the only difference it will be in english. On Gamers Gate they say release end of nov. that means 4 weeks it is a little possibilty that we get a patched verision but i doubt it.

More possible is that we all (russian and english version) get a patch in dec. If they are working on one right now.

After what i read from the russian board the product has gone from my wishlist, a 2v2 MP in deathmatch i dont need and want, they advertised the game earlier as a 4v4 player Game now they reduced it to 2v2 and even no platfrom for MP russian have difficulties to find players, nice work for 3 years of developement.

Officers demo is out by the end of october!!!

To be honest there are some thinking they have wasted their money, some not going to buy at all and only a few actually defending posts speaking ill of the game. Unless BFC are working some magic and maybe enlighten us with whats actually improved over the russian version, i may even consider sticking with CMAK and other strategic level games for my fix of WWII.

I would however love to see a translated russian magazine review of the game. will keep looking smile.gif

Steve

BFC is doing nothing on the actual product they are only the publisher like 1C for russia. The english version can´t be different to the russian version because MP wouldn´t work then and need to be patched for russia. As long as they got no patch we will get the same product, the only difference it will be in english.
this is bull****

Originally posted by Kecks?:

BFC is doing nothing on the actual product they are only the publisher like 1C for russia. The english version can´t be different to the russian version because MP wouldn´t work then and need to be patched for russia. As long as they got no patch we will get the same product, the only difference it will be in english.

According to BFC's own posts, this is completely inaccurate.

Bugs have been reported and acknowledged by Beta tester (AT gun couln't shoot at a tank while Tank can on it)

A lot of "plaintiffs" didn't read the manual.

Also complains about the AI for AFV's management.

Others requests are : screen smock, buiding accessability and mortar :D (read that somewhere)

Read a request to add a strategic add on for ToW ?! :confused:

Read also players insulting each others (" you'r stupid saying the game is stupid ..."). lol

Many more said the game good but uncompleted

Upon to 3dgamers ToW sales are in top place on the list, just behind "company of heroes"

http://www.3dgamers.ru/

On a impartial point of vu it's impossible to measure the number of disappointed folks vs the happy and almost happy ones redface.gif

A damm demo will answer a lot of questions :rolleyes:

It is true that Batttlefront has nothing to do with the development of TOW, however we are testing it and advising them on what we feel should be fixed. The difference here is that since we are not able to make the changes ourselves we can not promise that any one individual thing will make it in until it is actually put in by 1C.

They have made a number of good improvements so far and we're still working on making more. What is practical for them to do is always a question for them to answer, just as we are the ones that say what is practical for CM (which is the only product we make in house).

Just keep in mind what we've been saying since we first made the announcement... TOW will not be an improved, or even similar, game to Combat Mission. For those of you expecting a CM type simulation, you'll not find it in TOW. It was never designed to be a CM type game and therefore it won't become that now. It's a good bridge game between run of the mill RTS games set in WWII and CM, sorta like Close Combat.

Steve

this is bull****
ach ja du schlaumeier hat Dich BFC aber gleich eines besseren belehrt, aber erstmal andere beschimpfen das ist typisch für Dich.

It is true that Batttlefront has nothing to do with the development of TOW, however we are testing it and advising them on what we feel should be fixed. The difference here is that since we are not able to make the changes ourselves we can not promise that any one individual thing will make it in until it is actually put in by 1C.

They have made a number of good improvements so far and we're still working on making more. What is practical for them to do is always a question for them to answer, just as we are the ones that say what is practical for CM (which is the only product we make in house).

Just keep in mind what we've been saying since we first made the announcement... TOW will not be an improved, or even similar, game to Combat Mission. For those of you expecting a CM type simulation, you'll not find it in TOW. It was never designed to be a CM type game and therefore it won't become that now. It's a good bridge game between run of the mill RTS games set in WWII and CM, sorta like Close Combat.

Steve

Scheiße wenn man keine Ahnung hat Markus86 läuft man öfter vor die Wand.

BFC is doing nothing on the actual product they are only the publisher like 1C for russia.
They are not actually working on it, but they are taking INFLUENCE on the outcoming product.

The english version can´t be different to the russian version
The English version WILL BE different.

ach ja du schlaumeier hat Dich BFC aber gleich eines besseren belehrt, aber erstmal andere beschimpfen das ist typisch für Dich.
Du tauchst hier alle Lichtjahre mal auf und behauptest mal wieder die wildesten Sachen, die den HIER GEMACHTEN Aussagen des Publishers total widersprechen.

Und ich dachte ich probier es mal auf deinem Niveau. Wie du mit anderen Menschen umgehst ist ja allgemein bekannt. Siehe Sudden Strike Forum, German Soldiers, "dein" Mod usw.

Scheiße wenn man keine Ahnung hat Markus86 läuft man öfter vor die Wand.
Da hast du ja mehr Erfahrung als irgendein anderer hier. Du bist ein kleiner Wichtigtuer mit assozialem und cholerischen Verhalten.

Russian reviews are coming. We will post links when any of the big online mags put post their articles. Overall the reception is fine. Most of the complains is similar to what we had with IL-2 - oh your data is wrong, mine is correct and such.

My favourite complain on the forum this far is "Your game sucks, I already finished 2 campaigns this far (notice from me - probably 20-40 hours gameplay time). Ok can't write more - going back to play the game."

For example: Kv-1 shooting Pz-2 in rear. Poor Pz-2 losing parts but crawling and only after 7 hits all crew successfully leave tank. Strange combination of useless infantry and tanks, AT guns have limited placing locations -> must engage enemy tanks at front etc.

Hey all,

Sorry steve if i made it sound like comparing CM and ToW. Not my intention, its just for a good thinking ww2 game with nice 3D Gfx CM is all i consider worth playing. This being said i hoped ToW would give me an alternative as CM is showing its age. To be honest, ToW is more a follow on from the Close Combat series than anything else IMO.

To Megakill, Links to russian reviews would be great when they come along thanks. Also like i posted above, forums rarely shout the praises of a game. The people that would are usually too busy playing and tend to head to the forums when a problem arrises. Its all too easy to get pulled down by the negative forum posts, which i addmit happens to me too. I think its made worse though when information about progress is sparce to say the least.

To Kecks, at least put your points in english on this english forum so we can flame you in english some more smile.gif

Steve

first,

Thanks for reminding me never ever to get near any SuddenStrike or similar boards :D

now, if Battlefront / Steve caught just the least of tidbits of the german conversation here he will surely worry less about our behavior on the BTS/BF.C boards here ;)

Originally posted by Count:

For example: Kv-1 shooting Pz-2 in rear. Poor Pz-2 losing parts but crawling and only after 7 hits all crew successfully leave tank.

now,

that in itself would not worry me, unless it happens all the time.

It is plausible to have a tank shot up quite a bit yet still working, it depends on where it/what gets hit.

If anything, imminent immediately obvious knock-outs are overrepresented in wargames IMO and people therefore have been conditioned to a false expectation in that regard.

In reality tanks would continue to shoot up an enemy tank because they were a) unsure whether it has been ko'ed already and B) indeed a single hit even if it penetrated didnt inevitably mean the tank was completely destroyed/harmless.

Notice how in CM this is shown by usually the crew abandoning the tank instead of showing catastrophic destructions. Also, the abandoning-clock ticking down is a good way of simulating that the enemy doesnt know yet that the tank is out of action even tho it is. Maybe this "seven shots before all crew members have left the tank" is a simulation of this abandonment-clock....

Even tho seven 76.2mm hits does seem a bit much for a Pz II, if this KV vs PZ II thing is an isolated incident I can live with it from a realism POV.

I do concede tho that as a *player* it would have me fuming and crying foul :D

Originally posted by Count:

AT guns have limited placing locations -> must engage enemy tanks at front etc.

that however has me worried a bit... ?!?

Personally, I think just about everyone who regular posts on these boards should buy TOW, just to support BFC. Think of it like.....Save the Children.....or, better, your local neighborhood institution, where you get something from it, even if it is not perfect. Where else are you going to get CM type products?--it is just being self-interested.

The reason for being critical on these boards is, I think, to help BFC make the products better, or to help them sell more to the public--so they can make the products better. Isn't it? One can have legitimate reality/playability differences of opinion, or varying willingness to micromanage. But when I read this "I won't buy the game if..." stuff it sometimes reminds me of some guy holding a gun to his own head saying, "If you do not do exactly as I say, even if I am being a completely unpleasant, or I am going to pull the trigger."

[i tried to go back to a RTS/find resouce/twitch game last weekend--Empire Earth-- But, try as I might, I...just...don't...enjoy...them..very much. Back to CM:AK tonight]