Tanks and Vechicle questions

Sammy_Davis_Jnr

Question 1.Just wondering wether how much detail has been put in to the speeds of the vechicles and turret rotations. Will speeds apply to the type of tank to the different terrain.

Questions 2. Can you store equipment inside the tanks or vechiles etc?

Question 3. Will different tanks store different amounts of ammunition?

Question 4. Can the tanks be camouflaged.

Question 5. Is there a list which shows the list of Vechiles / tanks in the game?

I understand this probably has been posted maybe so please excuse my laziness. :cool:

-----------------------------------

"Singapore... could only be taken after a siege by an army of at least 50,000 men... its not considered possible that the Japanese...would embark on such a mad enterprise."

Winston Churchill - 1940

1. Quite surely yes.

2. Interesting question! Guess not; would probably be too much micromanagement?! CMx2 is said to have that feature in the future, though!

3. Most definitely yes!

4. Maybe?!

5. Not yet, as far as I know.

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Sammy_Davis_Jnr:

Question 4. Can the tanks be camouflaged.

Interesting question as well. I follow this forum more or less closely all the time, but don't remember seeing any information about camouflaging tanks or guns.

Have i missed something? Search didn't turn up much either.

Camouflaging tanks & guns would be great, but as yet i haven't seen much in the way of terrain elements for them to camouflage into, and mask themselves against. A few scattered trees here and there, or single rows of trees lining roads/fields doesn't look as if it is going to provide much in the way of cover or concealment. Add this to un-enterable buildings, and i fear we are going to be fighting in the "open" most of the time.

This is my only major gripe about TOW from what i have seen so far.

Mmmyes, you're probably right. And i have to wonder, after all those years playing CM with all the "heavy" cover types featured, which influenced your tactics and decisions on the battlefield, how it's gonna feel in TOW with mostly "cover light"...

Originally posted by edgars:

Mmmyes, you're probably right. And i have to wonder, after all those years playing CM with all the "heavy" cover types featured, which influenced your tactics and decisions on the battlefield, how it's gonna feel in TOW with mostly "cover light"...

Since a very high proportion of would-be buyers will probably be coming to TOW from CM, i guess it's natural, but not necessarily right, to want to compare the two.

In CM, terrain plays such a key role in everything you do and the decisions you make during a battle:

I need to hold the ground around that farmhouse. Is it empty though? Should i send a recon squad over to find out? Perhaps i could go through that small copse over there to give them some cover. Hold on! What if there's a mg nest dug in there!? I need smoke, but it will take at least five minutes for my mortars to get into firing position and i need that ground now!! No, maybe i'd better bring up my assault gun and give the farmhouse a few rounds first, and just hope that there isn't a hidden AT gun trained on my positions.

Not expecting TOW to be the next CM, but in a tactical wargame, i want to have to make decisions like these.

[ September 01, 2006, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Manx ]

thanks Cincinatvs

Is that the final list though?

Just also wondering about vechicles as well.

Also i wonder if they will include the US priest or the German Hummel, Maybe the maps are considered too smal

Some many tanks we could have ...hopefully there will be more then then link showed

smile.gif

------------------

I love tanks

Sammy