Replay value?

gunnergoz

I did a search on this and did not answer my question, which is: Will the scenarios in the game have variability beteen plays? In other words, if I start the same scenario over, will unit placement, unit type, etc be the same in each iteration? Or is there some variability in the game that lets each scenario feel somewhat different?

From what I understand all of the maps are fixed. Meaning nothing changes if you were to play the same map over and over again. Trenches and such do not move.

The only thing that changes as far as units go is maybe the placement of AT guns and infantry. I dont think the composition of the AI forces changes. It's not clear if reinforcements are set off by a "trip wire" (for lack of a better word).

In other posts Martin has said that he has had to play maps several times before beating the map. Not only that but each time, the map played differently. Or at least the outcome was alway different.

I hope they attempt to exceed CC. By the looks of it, they are trying to copy it for the most part.

The problem is that CC was initially built as an infantry game that included a few tanks for fire support (and added challenge). This game seems to be in love with its tanks rather than it's troops.

Well, as I've said: I'll hold judgment until having some time with the demo.