Forest? Rough? Brush?

hoolaman

All I have seen in the screenshots so far are very scattered trees, and a few small bushes.

Considering the lack of buildings for cover, what terrain types are available in this game? Imagine combat mission if all you attacked over was scattered trees or "open"/steppe. Seems to be the case here. Am I mistaken, or are there terrain areas that offer actual cover to your infantry?

If your guys advance line abreast into the jaws of the German machine guns over this terrain (as I have seen in some screenshots) there should be a WWI style massacre every time.

I believe they stated that trees are actually less abstracted than in CM. I read that they are a 1:1 ratio treewise...what you see is what is actually there.

Mord.

Thanks for the reply Megakill, although I still don't see evidence in the screenshots of the things I mention, like rocks, or dense vegetation.

I guess what it boils down to is: are there areas that tanks can't enter and dominate?

I am talking areas where infantry can hide and move under cover/concealment such as a dense forest with undergrowth, or a rocky hillside, or a large patch of scrub.

I am sure the engine is capable of rendering these areas using the trees/bushes that are in there already, so just want to suggest that they be put into a map.