Let soldiers can enter buildings !

fyb2002

No, for a game at this scale making use of tactical opportunities like buildings is a real issue. I don't buy the line that it won't matter as the game won't ship with real urban maps. And hiding squads behind buildings would be an immersion killer long term. I think this is a box that needs to be ticked, while others raised I think can be put on hold.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sirocco:

No, for a game at this scale making use of tactical opportunities like buildings is a real issue. I don't buy the line that it won't matter as the game won't ship with real urban maps. And hiding squads behind buildings would be an immersion killer long term. I think this is a box that needs to be ticked, while others raised I think can be put on hold.

You are absolutely right, why do most people defend such bad decisions on the developers side ? No mortars and not entering buildings isn't anything like wanting a Bren Tripod or such, so c'mon who wants to call a wargame that handicapped realistic ?? :mad:

Originally posted by Melnibone:

Have you played it yet?

No, so does that mean I should better shut my trap, because I don't know what I am talking about - then please close this forum, as not very many members will have played it yet and therefore would be not qualified to any posts here.

Lame.

On map mortars aren't a major problem at this scale, especially after the early war years, so that's something I can live without. And, again, at this scale the engagement ranges aren't a real concern for me. I'm more concerned about buildings and how foxholes are handled for infantry and dug-in guns.

Originally posted by wolf66:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Melnibone:

Have you played it yet?

No, so does that mean I should better shut my trap, because I don't know what I am talking about - then please close this forum, as not very many members will have played it yet and therefore would be not qualified to any posts here.

Lame. </font>

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wolf66:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Melnibone:

Have you played it yet?

Lame. </font>

I was one of the first to enquire about mortars - was disappointed with the answer - but life goes on - ditto with building, TC's etc. It was the same when CM:SF was announced and was not WW2. Some seem to take it very personally - I guess I just can't grasp the gravity of the situation smile.gif

Originally posted by fyb2002:

Is there Mortar troop team?

If you read the FAQ you'll see that the Mortar teams are all in the buildings.

Where they can't fire, and block the entrance of anyone else.

This is a known bug, and the devs. are trying to fix it.

Originally posted by Tarquelne:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fyb2002:

Is there Mortar troop team?

If you read the FAQ you'll see that the Mortar teams are all in the buildings.

Where they can't fire, and block the entrance of anyone else.

This is a known bug, and the devs. are trying to fix it. </font>

hi i am korean gamer and i want to talk about so many korean war simulation gamer have attention to this game and this forum.

then include me, they really really want mortar and soldier's Entering building capability.

please recover that element. unless, our community's fan of ToW will be badly psycholosical damaged and frunstrated.

if it can't be recovered until release date. we can wait. how it will be so long time, we will wait and belive that 1C won't break our trust

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

there's even a screenshot in the products section of this webisite that shows the mortar plate wedged behind the door.

Does this webisite have Mebibytes of cool data?

Originally posted by Raouecage:

unless, our community's fan of ToW will be badly psycholosical damaged and frunstrated.

You're talking psychological damage and a game that you have never even played in the same sentence ???

You really have NO IDEA. :mad:

Oh well, if your life goes to ruin because this one game won't allow for troops entering building, then I don't know what to say. :rolleyes: