have you read this part of the interview from armchairgeneral - WOW !

scottie

"[Matt] Let me talk about a key moment that occurred when I demoed the game last weekend. In this battle, I had an ad hoc mixed Russian detachment of infantry, Anti-tank Rifle teams, a single KV-1 and 45mm AT guns tasked to defend a train station against a strong armor heavy German assault with infantry support. My initial disposition was pretty good and the first few attempts by the German AI to breach my trench lines were pushed back. After regrouping and gaining some reinforcements, the Germans concentrated on a weak flank area in one of my trenches and breached my defenses and stormed across. It was at this time, that my KV-1, having been occupied on my other flank, came over to try and stem the flow of German infantry and armor that was quickly gaining a foothold to route my remaining forces. As the KV-1 took round after round from the German armor, it was finally immobilized and the crew, now badly shaken, bailed out, only to be gunned down by MG fire. Nearby lying in a trench, I had the remnants of a 45mm AT gun crew (the gun had run out of ammo repulsing the first attack). One innovative feature of ToW is that you can not only pick up discarded weapons and equipment from the ground, but you can also recrew vehicles and guns that are left abandoned. You can even capture enemy equipment as well. I ordered this gun crew to charge for the KV-1 as the Germans pushed ahead with their assault. Enemy infantry fire cut down the crew as they made their way to the tank, but one guy made the perilous journey and climbed in through the open hatch. Myself and about 5 other guys that were watching the game sat with our jaws wide open as he made his way to the driver compartment to start up the KV-1’s engine (each vehicle has a crew monitor which allows you see what position they are in). Once the KV was running, I guess he noticed that it wasn’t going anywhere, so he jumped into the gunners seat and begun to swing its big turret around to get a rear shot on a German Pz III that had ignored him. We watched as the cannon reload indicator slowly filled up, holding our breaths in anticipation. He finally got the gun loaded, raised his gun just a tad and fired. We literally jumped up and begun yelling and applauding the effort, even though he missed.

The fact that he actually survived the battle and I was able to issue him extra skill points, promote him in rank and even award him a medal and use him in subsequent campaign missions really gives the game a cool persistent world type feel as you become attached to various units and even individual soldiers. At the completion of each campaign battle, depending on your performance you are award various points to apply toward the skill advancement, promotion and on occasion awards to all of the surviving units. Captured equipment and vehicles can even be carried forward into subsequent battles.

In CM, that sort of thing is simply not possible and it is these key moments and RPG elements that will keep you coming back for more. Maybe its watching as different armor plates and equipment on your tank get blown off, perhaps its noticing that your friendly fighters will actually dogfight with enemy bombers in the skies above you, or then again it could be the feeling you get when you rotate the camera around an enemy tank and you can actually see the penetration marks all over the hull and turret, that will win you over. There is just so much to see and do in ToW that it will keep you coming back over and over. "

Pickup discarded weapons, crew abandoned equipment - even enemy equipment, issue promotions and medals ....

if it has a campaign mode its my perfect game !!!

Scott

Some Russian girls are stunningly beautiful. If you go there, and walk down any city street you will see far, far more fat old skanks. But then you will see one that knocks you off your feet. The most beautiful woman I ever saw lives in Volgograd.

Originally posted by 76mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Some Russian girls are stunningly beautiful. If you go there, and walk down any city street you will see far, far more fat old skanks.

I beg to differ, at least in Moscow. </font>

Originally posted by Megakill:

I wonder if I can post nude pics on BF forums....

Have tons of pictures of Russian Brides, some of them ex missus Megakill :))))

Maybe it is worth making a separate thread for that... MODERATORS, HELLO? ;)

Go for it! Standing by. tongue.gif

Well, this forum is frequented both by kids as well as married men. While both groups would no doubt be glued to the monitor with their tongues and eyeballs, I think we should refrain from posting nudity. The only upskirt shots I'd like to see in this forum are from a StuG with Schürzen smile.gif

Martin