Mac version?

Kilroy Lurking

Originally posted by Kilroy Lurking:

..My B&W G3 is showing it's age... I just might be tempted to cross over to thr Dark Side.

What with the Napoleon thing and now this I think consideration of 'early reitement' is also on the cards!

David

Not neccessarily.

I have Macbook Pro, and it runs Windows XP natively. Just have to reboot. Played some NHL06 on it, and the game looked beautiful.

Probably the requirements for TOW are bigger thou.

But will TOW take the advantage of the two core processors?

Is the BF team aware of this?

LINK

Windows games coming to Intel Macs

Gamer Scan has an article about "Cider," a portability engine just released by TransGaming. The software promises to relieve developers of the delay usually associated with porting Windows games to the Mac. Where such ports normally require total code conversion, Cider should eliminate that by using a shell that wraps around an existing Windows code base. It operates by first loading the app into memory (on an Intel-based Mac), and from there connecting to an optimized set of Win32 APIs. No further work is necessary. TransGaming says it expects titles using Cider to ship within the next few months.

Originally posted by H.W. Guderian:

Is the BF team aware of this?

LINK

Windows games coming to Intel Macs

Gamer Scan has an article about "Cider," a portability engine just released by TransGaming. The software promises to relieve developers of the delay usually associated with porting Windows games to the Mac. Where such ports normally require total code conversion, Cider should eliminate that by using a shell that wraps around an existing Windows code base. It operates by first loading the app into memory (on an Intel-based Mac), and from there connecting to an optimized set of Win32 APIs. No further work is necessary. TransGaming says it expects titles using Cider to ship within the next few months.

Same stuff they have for Linux, derivate of Wine.

Didn't think it is recommendable the last 345 times I tried it in the last 14 years.

Runs CMx1, though.

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

Rumors about the WWDC on August 7th, suggest that Apples may be moving to "virtulization" where you would be able to use "Leopard" to run windows programmes, without havig to use "Windows",

We may know more by this time next week.

Peter.

If it's virtual OSes then you do run Windows, but you don't boot your machine into Windows. You have a virtual machine running Windows, inside you real machine running MacOS.

It works like VMware always did.

The big question is whether they will have Direct3D support in there. That has been a huge challenge for all virtual machines. VMware just started giving out Direct3D beta versions which are limited bejond usefulness.