Rolling Hills

Mace

I was working on this map during betatesting more as a test to see how the engine can handle a lot of trees (did I mention "a lot of trees"?) and have got it to a stage where I think you lot can play around with it.

All that's really needed to complete it is some initial scenario briefing.

Given the number of trees (I think up to 500 - remember, "a lot of trees") it is a bit of a resource hog, so just bare that in mind when playing.

Anyhow you can get the 66mb file from here:

http://tbgsoftware.com/RollingHillsCurrent.rar

And here's the obligatory teaser shot:

a_199.jpg

(yes they are infantry in the screenie)

Now I got to think of something for my next one.

PS I'd like to thank Clay for his support in making this one. And putting up with my daily inane questions. :D

[ July 21, 2006, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

• 2 weeks later...

I extracted this file and played this scenario in standalone. I had more pausing than usual when I play other DropTeam scenarios online. Must be all of the terrain detail.

It looked great though. I really liked the clouds across the planet in the sky effect. The overall color scheme was great. It really looked like an alien world.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

I extracted this file and played this scenario in standalone. I had more pausing than usual when I play other DropTeam scenarios online. Must be all of the terrain detail.

Yeh I think it's all those Trees. ;)

I think I'll revisit the map and reduce the number of trees by 50% and see if that improves performance.

It looked great though. I really liked the clouds across the planet in the sky effect. The overall color scheme was great. It really looked like an alien world.
Glad you liked it. I was aiming for something 'alien' looking, and decided I'd have the scenario based on a moon orbiting a gas giant (which explains that big spherical thingy in the sky)