Modular Environment Units WIP

adzling is working on a new set of buildings for DropTeam called Modular Environment Units. They're drop-deployable "quick and easy" habitats that can be stacked and joined in modular pieces.

The M.E.U.s; small, hardened environment structures that can be combined to form larger environments (like a habitrail) that can be transported via dropship or ground transport and have zero setup time (flick a switch the internal life-support systems power-up).
meu5.jpg

A large blow-up self-hardening geo-dome structure for large communal spaces. Quick and easy to setup (we're talking hours as opposed to days) but not armored.
completesystem.jpg

The above image also shows...

Extruded service corridors. They are extruded via an orifice on a liveship (or in the case of ground installations a transportable build module) complete with built-in windows, power and life-support cabling etc.

They are pretty fragile but exceedingly quick to produce on-the-fly. Perfect for connecting far-flung environments on a planetary base with a less than accommodating atmosphere.

I'm sure he would welcome comments and praise!

not done yet still working on em.

Although they could be dropped by a dropship in-game I can't think of a reason why you would want to do that (who knows perhaps there's a scenario waiting to be written that could use that).

These is more of an attempt to design structures that would look and function in a way that is in keeping with the highly mobile space-centric culture of the game.

I see them being used more as placeables by the map designer.

more coming...

• 2 weeks later...